• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Buy a STRIDER knife...NOT ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry baby, now you are exposing your arse.
How long did you live in Oz – you cheeky little thing!

Well, that and a spatula is how you collect Vegemite (I hear).

2SNIPER,
Sir, I am old enough to own knives, old enough to use knives and certainly old enough to know what is RIGHT and what is wrong.
Mick Strider owes NO ONE nothing. Why would he need to cowtow to some arrogant,brash and uncalled for tongue-lashing on a very PUBLIC forum?
So, because I found YOUR POST simply in the very SERIOUS DUH, no, Triple DUH catagory, you attack me, the PERSON? I knocked your post, not you the POSTER:p :p .
So, am I old enough to own sharp things? Are you my Pappy, my wife, my Bestest buddy with my interests and safety at hard? YEAH, I am OLD ENOUGH, and being one seriously KOOKY knifeknut, and capable of cutting one's foot out of his mouth when it is tightly wedged, you gotta ask yourself ONE QUESTION......Do you FEEL LUCKY????? WELL DO YA XXXX:p
Have a GREAT Life Big Man, Don't buy any striders, DO NOT ever offer to buy Mick strider a beer and I am merely a wittle wolfie, no need to offer me one. I am old enough to buy MY own and guys like Mick would NEVER bother to drink a brew with one with such shallow opinions and comments......wolf
BTW, I would BUY you a beer.........;)

Mr. Wolfman,

Do I feel lucky? I don't need luck.

Don't take my comments personally. Just know that when you bite me, I bite back. As for "I knocked your post, not you the POSTER" bullshit, don't bother spinning it. If you have something to say say it. I can take it. Just don't write checks your ass can't cash.

As far as Mr.Strider matter is concerned, I don't see how you can speak for him. Only Mr.Strider can speak for Mr.Strider. I wrote my posts as seriously as possible, to show Mr.Strider that I have nothing against him personally, but I still feel that he should've acted differently. If I worte something like "Mick Strider is a jackass, I wonder if he was dishonorably discharged", which is what someone wrote(idiot), I would've started another flame war, but I wouldn't get my point across. I chose to aproach him with respect, to show him, why I, and several others feel he was wrong.

I don't have anything personal against Mr.Strider. But a man who can't admit fault, a man who won't apologise when it is clearly his turn to do so, thats not "Balls" thats BIG EGO.

BTW I would take your beer, and get the 2nd round.

So, tell me if this looks like a reasonable summary --

!@#$%^:) &*()_+:( |}{[]\:eek: ';"::D ?></.,;) ~`:p

It's the Reader's Digest Condensed Version of Days of our Knives!

Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Honestly, didn't read the whole thread - but I don't think I needed to. This has been one of the most entertaining threads in months! :)

I've met Mick before and thought he was a great guy - just didn't see any need for a hardcore military use knife in my collection (guess I'm just not a hardcore kind of guy). Maybe I'll have to just get one on principle. :D

~Mitch

...Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy...how these threads digress... :rolleyes:

And with these keys we type mean-spirited words to people that most of us would never say in person...for shame, for shame... ;)

For example, would Mick have told Scattergun to F*@k off if he'd known whom he was typing to? Hmmm ok, so that's not such a good analogy...lol

I just got back from a 16 day straight, 12-14 hours a day, dirty/filthy/nasty/crappy Gamma-ray imaging system installation for Mexican Customs at a construction site down in scenic butt-ugly Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

I came home tired, sore, beat, strained muscles, sunburned, with split finger tips and was in a general state of being a physical wreck...and what's waiting for me in my email in box?

In amongst the junk, three increasingly rude emails from some phuck demanding to know why I wasn't responding to his emails about a knife I'd put up for sale...

I was shocked, pissed, and he won't be getting it now...or ever.

(If I don't get back to ya on an email folks, it just means I'm somewhere else...)

My response? "Sorry bud, I've decided to keep it for now..." Maybe I shoulda told him to F&$k off? Nah, that would've been rude... ;)

Be nice folks, and patient too...

For those of you who aren't aware of it, my buddy wolfmann601 served our country during the "conflict" in Viet Nam with honor and courage, and then as a LEO till his retirement. I don't believe he has any problem cashing his checks.
Mick, you silver tongued devil, you have a way with words.

Dave

Originally posted by Melvin-Purvis
For example, would Mick have told Scattergun to F*@k off if he'd known whom he was typing to?

The answer is NO. I have been saying this all along. Does one know exactly whom one pisses off?

The whole reason SKTRNGNLDR was upset was because he has owned a business himself. He knows what it takes to run a business successfully; but more importantly, to run it ethically.

I also know all about retail, having worked in it for 10+ years when I was younger. I ALWAYS worked under the assumption the customer was right. To do otherwise is just reckless. Karma, man, karma.

To hear all these naysayers on this thread dis-counting the "customer is always right mantra" is nothing less than being apologists for the shi.tful customer service we must all suffer through now. Nobody cares anymore.

Like I said before, take the customers' money and laugh at them when they walk out the door. To do otherwise is just unnecessary.

Originally posted by komondor
The answer is NO. I have been saying this all along. Does one know exactly whom one pisses off?

How would you know what Mick would say until he's said it? You would say NO, most people would say NO, but not everyone would...

The whole reason SKTRNGNLDR was upset was because he has owned a business himself. He knows what it takes to run a business successfully; but more importantly, to run it ethically

No, he was upset because he did not get what he wanted, when he wanted it, and then someone had the gall to send him a rude reply in response to his rude email. I'm sure he is further incensed to find that Mick does not need his business, and that other makers do not need his business either.

Evidently, Mick knows what it takes to run a business also, as there is certainly not a shortage of buyers for Strider knives.
Telling someone to **** Off is not unethical, by any means.

I also know all about retail, having worked in it for 10+ years when I was younger. I ALWAYS worked under the assumption the customer was right. To do otherwise is just reckless. Karma, man, karma.

Working under that assumption works for you, and you can stomach it, so that's fine. Some people don't work under that assumption, and it works for at least some of them.

To hear all these naysayers on this thread dis-counting the "customer is always right mantra" is nothing less than being apologists for the shi.tful customer service we must all suffer through now. Nobody cares anymore

Well, the customer is not always right, and it's as simple as that. To say that sales people need to tolerate some dipshit that thinks they can say and do whatever they feel like because they are the almighty customer is crap, and it's sickening to see.

Like I said before, take the customers' money and laugh at them when they walk out the door. To do otherwise is just unnecessary.

Unnecessary to you, obviously. Your business model has worked well for you and for many other people, but to insist that it is the only way to be successful is nonsense, as seen by the great success enjoyed by Strider knives, with only minimal advertising and lots of repeat business and word of mouth.

This thread is pretty pointless, but it's been good for a laugh...

Courtesy? ANYONE on either side hear of it? BUSY? I'm busy. The internet gives sellers / makers a large market to sell their goods, make money. If you're too busy, get off the net. Quality will suffer if you're TOO BUSY. Quality of product or quality of customer service.
The internet gives buyers a large marketplace to find HTF items and get competitive prices. Busy? EVERYBODYS busy. Would you smart off to each other in a face to face situation?
John
colobbfan

Originally posted by colobbfan
Would you smart off to each other in a face to face situation?

Of course not ... well, maybe sometimes. I've had people insult me face to face. If they were willing to listen, I'd go on with the transaction. If they just kept up the babble, I told them to leave.

The whole idea of telephones and the internet and e-mail and all those other finicky little bureaucratic technologies is to keep us in touch when we can't get face to face. But they take patience and respect at both ends, and hassling someone because he doesn't take your particular technology as seriously as you do is a waste of his time and your own.

I'm locking down this thread because by now it's obvious that it's gone into tangental discussions from the original topic.

This situation could have been handled better on all sides, but like everything else - hindsight is always 20/20.

It doesn't matter who is who is who. Just like on the forums, emails can be misread to see problems where there are none. I know, I've fallen victim to this more than once myself.

I'm more than sure that lessons have been learned on all sides from this. Lord knows that Mick isn't stupid, and I'm sure that people on all sides have picked something up here.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back