Camillus Bank Liquidation

Camillus is in somewhat of a different situation than Schrade was, in that Camillus does make product for other manufacturers who may have an interest in keeping it afloat

I'm going to look for some sort of positive outcome until I hear definitely otherwise...

SMKW was a very important outlet for Schrade's products for quite a few years, likewise for Camillus. Our angst aside, they have done more to sustain both cutlerys than to hurt. Profiteering on the detris left over from the closings? Absolutely. After seing some of the special factory orders, and volume of production orders, I'm inclined to have kinder thoughts for SMKW's participation in liquidation buying. But to each his own.

Codger

rifon2 said:
Camillus is in somewhat of a different situation than Schrade was,
in that Camillus does make product for other manufacturers
who may have an interest in keeping it afloat

But it seems that Camillus Cutlery has already lost some of their customers.

From http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3831936&postcount=94
Company lost Cold Steel customer. Lost mooremaker, case, etc.
Not much left although they have about 10 temps working.

Hopefully an US knife company will take over Camillus Cutlery
and continues to produce the Camillus knives in the USA.

some corporate scag will buy and gut the name-
wish there was a guy willing to give it a try-but the odds arent good-

it would be nice if a company like spyderco but the name and rights-just moved production to colorado usa earth

Andy_CN said:
Hopefully an US knife company will take over Camillus Cutlery
and continues to produce the Camillus knives in the USA.

Hopefully!

rosconey2 said:
it would be nice if a company like spyderco but the name and rights-just moved production to colorado usa earth

THAT sounds like a great idea! Spyderdco Beckers!

When i started to read about all this stuff about Camillus, i wonder where each and every one of you get your information. I for one would call the company for myself. In doing this i get 2 questions answered immediately. One is if someone answers the phone then there are people still there and the business is open and two they might be able to answer any questions that i have about the RUMORS that i am hearing or reading about.
I see many things happen in this world where there is ALL TALK, BUT NO ACTION done until it is years later when all the talk could have been action. It is the inaction of a few people who procrastinate way to long that make things become in a since hard to undo later on.
If Union workers are so pro union then why do most of them drive foreign made cars??????????
Besides i think that you are all trying to hard to close a business before it has a chance to redeem itself.:confused:

observerq said:
When i started to read about all this stuff about Camillus, i wonder where each and every one of you get your information. I for one would call the company for myself. In doing this i get 2 questions answered immediately. One is if someone answers the phone then there are people still there and the business is open and two they might be able to answer any questions that i have about the RUMORS that i am hearing or reading about.
I see many things happen in this world where there is ALL TALK, BUT NO ACTION done until it is years later when all the talk could have been action. It is the inaction of a few people who procrastinate way to long that make things become in a since hard to undo later on.
If Union workers are so pro union then why do most of them drive foreign made cars??????????
Besides i think that you are all trying to hard to close a business before it has a chance to redeem itself.:confused:

Oh wise one share with us your knowledge of what the company told you:rolleyes:

i called today and talked to a live person-ordered a pair of micarta handles for my new becker10

RedEdge77 said:
Oh wise one share with us your knowledge of what the company told you:rolleyes:
I am just your average consumer and called for information and get what other people are getting for information.
It is just a shame that something like this happens to any company, one never knows. Maybe we should find some Honest Politicans to start making changes - yeah right. As if there ever were honest people :yawn:

The Last Confederate said:
Welcome to baldeforums...thanks for sTROLLing in.
Thank you for the greeting. I hope to get a lot information on a great many things. Hopefully learn more about knives and there workings. One thing for sure that i know is that any knife is SHARP!!! I have taken to reading BLADE Magazine and have learned so much already on the knife industry. Again, thank you for the welcome in.
:)

Welcome, observerq.

All are welcome who come to the cutlery well thirsting for knowledge...

Ummm, that sounded stupid.

Anyway, sadly, with some of the numbskulls that have popped up on BFC lately, 3 posts might be enough to label someone as a troll. I guess the natives here get a little restless when someone's first post is already stirring the pot. There's something to be said for subtlety.

So, enjoy your stay, and let us get to know you better. :)

Glenn

its really an shame that this classic uscompany will close its doors. hope theres still hope they make it!

over all the years we meet at the blade show and iwa (germany) theyr staff was nice and helpful and we discuss all kind of things.

if the same happens as with schrade and complete chinese made for the future thats hurts!

good luck for camillus and theyr employees!

Here is the latest news article from Charlie Hannagan, Staff writer of the Syracuse Post Standard. A few new details, but the reporter is having trouble getting information too. Still, Charlie wrote something worth reading with a few new interesting details, and a couple of interviews with employees for their situational perspectives, and a statement from Cold Steel's founder and president, Lynn Thompson.

http://www.syracuse.com/business/po...ness-4/1153904303325550.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

Codger

What a shame and shamble this mess is at Camillus, its hard to see another venerable US Knife company on its death bed.
I own a fair number of their product and would hate to see them in China like our much loved Schrade.

Kap

Bank really does not want to have auction sale. They have been postponing the sale about as long as they can. They will lose large money if this accures. They are hoping that the strike can be settled. If the strike can be settled bank will still work with Camillus. There is still some hope that this company can keep going but the strike must end very quickly. If not bank will not have any choice. This is the current information that I am receiving from what one that has inside news.

So, no new news yet, eh? I thought a read that a number of workers that were on strike are pursuing other jobs. What would the bank auction off? Would they close down the entire company completely and part everything out? Another source stated Camillus was still putting out product, just in a limited capacity.

I love my Camillus products, and it would be very sad to see the company wiped off the face of the earth. But it is looking more and more like this will happen. As for when and how, who knows. I don't think anyone, including Camillus, the Babnk, or the Union, really knows what is going on. My guess is things will continue to flounder along until the bank suddenly brings the hammer down and locks the doors. Sad.

Back