Camp Knife Build

No still not playing. I saw the Instagram post that had the video.
That’s was on my phone but it plays on the iPad and computer so idk.

Last edited:
I'd be seriously interested in an 11 inch version of this...
That could be pretty epic.
Gotta admit...these didn't really do it for me when I first saw the concept, but seeing the finished product? Dayam!:thumbsup:
Just need a little faith, oh and a whole lot of patience!!

Wow, wow, wow!!! I’m super stoked now! Thanks in advance. I hope this build helped push your learning curve that much more. Wow! :cool:
I wanted to get these out this morning Shel but didn't make it in town today, I'll get it out first thing Monday.
First class all the way, those are going to get some serious work done, great looking sheaths also.
Thanks Scott!

That Starry Night is gorgeous material.

I think I book marked about 10 of their handle materials... Mexican Blanket anyone???

I suppose being at that elevation you get some decent snowfall during the season.
We can. Though I'm not in the mountains, we're right at the edge of the foothills, and also on the edge of the top of something known here as the "Palmer Divide". It's a higher-elevation terrain feature that separates two different river drainages (the South Platte and the Arkansas). This tends to enhance convective flow, so we generally get more snow than surrounding areas.

We get a fair amount of snow, our problem is the winds that usually follow. A few inches of snow can mean 4 foot drifts everywhere, that's a pain in the ass.
Happens here a good bit too.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

That Starry Night is gorgeous material.

I think I book marked about 10 of their handle materials... Mexican Blanket anyone???
They make some really nice stuff! :thumbsup: I really liked the colors in this particular block. I like how they post pictures of the actual block for sale, that helps you to know exactly what you're getting.

That one was my favorite. I'd need something bigger than the pocket blade so it doesn't get lost. That or, cut and stack it so the lines run the vertical.
The "or" part has me confused Chris. Do you mean the Cowbell is too small to show off the full blanket pattern or that it's too small in general? If the latter, what dimensions would work?

tenor.gif

889a9c5bb0dd27b7a313f289d3c12849.gif

The "or" part has me confused Chris. Do you mean the Cowbell is too small to show off the full blanket pattern or that it's too small in general? If the latter, what dimensions would work?

tenor.gif

889a9c5bb0dd27b7a313f289d3c12849.gif

No no. The Cowbell is perfect. I just think the pattern on the Mexican Blanket might have stripes that are a little wide for a smaller handle. Not having seen it in person (or the cowbell for that matter), I would hate to lose a lot of the colors.

By the way, I'll be visiting Ron L Ron L next week and will be taking my Redmeadows. I suspect you'll be getting more "dibs" as new knives come around :D.

No no. The Cowbell is perfect. I just think the pattern on the Mexican Blanket might have stripes that are a little wide for a smaller handle. Not having seen it in person (or the cowbell for that matter), I would hate to lose a lot of the colors.

By the way, I'll be visiting Ron L Ron L next week and will be taking my Redmeadows. I suspect you'll be getting more "dibs" as new knives come around :D.
Oh ok gotcha, I need to get my hands on some of that Mexican Blanket and we'll see. That and Starry Night are probably my favorites.

I was workin on Ron's Cowbells last night, that's gonna be a cool set. Let me know if you guys come up with any ideas together.

The only "dibs" I'm keeping my eyes open for after the Pocket Blades is a Camp Knife. Dang those are sexy.

Back