"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Peregrin Peregrin

Sounds totally fair to me...nothing beats a properly cooked standing rib roast. I had major dental work in early November in preparation for some implants (extraction and bone grafts). Thankfully my gums were healed enough to partake with caution. I'm not Italian but the Feast of the Seven Fishes would be right down my alley...

The contestants:
Y0RtOWA.jpg

The steaks/stakes (roast beef):
I1zNpYH.jpg

The winner:
The Okapi (surprisingly). The blade is much fatter behind the edge than the other 2, but for some reason sliced off the thinnest pieces with the least effort. Maybe a slightly toothy edge? It definitely can’t slice most other things as thinly as the Opinel or the Pallares:
MTSywuz.jpg

Anyway, it’s roast beef sammidges for dinner!

I asked Miss Staff this A.M.

"December and January both have 31 days. Except in a leap year how many months have 28 days?"

After thinking a few seconds she said "One."

I told her "Nope. All of them."

Miss Staff used language unsuitable for a lady. :D
Trick question innit.
Up there with " (insert long hard to spell word) .Spell it."
"I.T."
Hohoho

Trick question innit.
Up there with " (insert long hard to spell word) .Spell it."
"I.T."
Hohoho
Or the ever infamous

What is THE ONE WORD in English that contains ALL THE VOULS INCLUDING "Y"?

It is not some esoteric medical or scientific word. You have unquestionably heard, read, and used it in your life!

Give up?
(they usually say "yes")

"unquestionably"

:D

Last edited:
meako meako
Thank you for reminding me of that one. :D

I just got on duty staff and Ms. No Nothing Know It All with it.

They both put hand over face and groaned. :D

Last edited:
I’m not posting this in the “modified production knives thread” because I am clearly not in the same league as those guys but anyway-
Here is my latest amateur rebuild. I don’t own any power tools except a Dremel which a friend gave me, so it was done almost entirely with just some basic hand tools. I was hoping the walk and talk would improve with the rebuild like it did for the last one, but sadly, while a little better than it was before, it still has no snap to it whatsoever. I made the bolsters from a 3/4” threaded bar, and the scales are from an acrylic pen blank. Nothing is glued, the pins are holding everything. There are a few little gaps here and there, and I ran out of patience and elbow grease before achieving a perfectly even finish. Still, I probably spent less than $20 to make this, and if you divide that by hours spent, it makes for a fairly inexpensive hobby.
HpfLDow.jpg

o624jSg.jpg

okp54mM.jpg

wr2LSX1.jpg

Happy New Year, my Bladeforums friends. I don't post a lot, but I read every day. I'm sure most of you have no idea who I am, but oddly enough I am quite fond of many of you and would consider you dear friends if we were to ever meet. I raise a glass of cheer to you all, and hope you and your families have the best possible outcomes for the new year!

:D

Back