"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I need a history lesson, JP!!:oops:
I had to google it. Nothing to do with Joan of Arc or Dunkirk, my first two guesses. Dordogne has been an area with a lot of British residents and businesses since pre-EU times. Maybe Brexit has caused a Brexodus from the area.
Totally random background:
U5sj5ti.jpg

If this cover art hasn't been aggressively marketed in Britain, the New Yorker has been sleeping at the switch.

Last edited:
Until the recent years there was a strong British (mostly pensionneers) immigration in various countries of France, the most important being Dordogne-Périgord.
Since Brexit there's a lot of houses of all sizes for sale.
Hmm.
I'll bet they'd welcome an American cutlery commune.
With open arms, as always happens.

Until the recent years there was a strong British (mostly pensionneers) immigration in various countries of France, the most important being Dordogne-Périgord.
Since Brexit there's a lot of houses of all sizes for sale.
Afraid they will lose their residency in Britain?? We are a fickle generation!!

oh yay. Uncle Joey's present finally showed up. :D

y'all will probably dislike me for it, but I ordered no cutlery. (yet. I still might get a nice double bit hatchet.) A new Android 9 or 10 tablet (with bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and good cameras that don't need glasses or contacts), and a bunch of Archery (no broadheads) a 3D life size Buck Deer archery target with replaceable boiler room section,54 inch farmer's jack so I can string and unstring takedown recurve and Mongolian Horse bows without an assist (I have an insufficient reach to do it myself using a stringer tool so the limbs don't twist) but no knives, razors, (what I need a razor for? I don't shave and I got a straight razor for use as patch knife) or scissors ... yet ...

Last edited:
oh yay. Uncle Joey's present finally showed up. :D

y'all will probably dislike me for it, but I ordered no cutlery. (yet) A new Android 9 or 10 tablet (with bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and good cameras that don't need glasses or contacts), and a bunch of Archery (no broadheads) a 3D life size Buck Deer archery target with replaceable boiler room section,54 inch farmer's jack so I can string and unstring takedown recurve and Mongolian Horse bows without an assist (I have an insufficient reach to do it myself) but no knives, razors, (what I need a razor for? I don't shave and I got a straight razor for use as patch knife) or scissors ... yet ....
For a second there I thought, "You said no cutlery".

What on earth is going on with all the new and resurrected threads posted by members who are clearly just trying to get their post counts up?! It's nice to see the enthusiasm, but I wish they'd give it a bit more thought, and not make such a mess o_O

Why would anybody want to get their post counts up?
Or maybe that's what you're asking, Jack Black Jack Black .
Is it a requirement for BF knife eligibility?

Yes, there's a minimum requirement in terms of ordering the forum knife Jer, hence, the phenomena. Reckon most of them have plenty of time if they just participate like everyone else :rolleyes:

Back