"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

In an attempt to get my own post count up, I'm going to start a controversial thread with the title "Why traditional knives are or are not good for cutting things." I expect a lot of drama including gnashing of teeth, rending of shirts and outright bans, all of which should get my post count up. o_O (off to see what this year's forum knife will be.)

I remember when I first arrived at Blade Forums and was drawn to the Traditional knives forum. I had to learn the ropes because of my impatience, but I was thankful for how kind the regulars were to point me in the right direction and correct my improprieties. Hopefully a good number of these newcomers will grow to appreciate what’s here more than the opportunity to score a nice knife.

In an attempt to get my own post count up, I'm going to start a controversial thread with the title "Why traditional knives are or are not good for cutting things." I expect a lot of drama including gnashing of teeth, rending of shirts and outright bans, all of which should get my post count up. o_O (off to see what this year's forum knife will be.)

:D :thumbsup:

I remember when I first arrived at Blade Forums and was drawn to the Traditional knives forum. I had to learn the ropes because of my impatience, but I was thankful for how kind the regulars were to point me in the right direction and correct my improprieties. Hopefully a good number of these newcomers will grow to appreciate what’s here more than the opportunity to score a nice knife.

Well said Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Yes, there's a minimum requirement in terms of ordering the forum knife Jer, hence, the phenomena. Reckon most of them have plenty of time if they just participate like everyone else :rolleyes:
Aha.
O1xoLLv.jpg

Last edited:
While it all can seem a little tedious, it is exciting for the nuggets of information and insight that occasionally pop up!!
I do appreciate great knife pics!! They should be required - say 20% of ones posts, must have a GOOD picture!!
Picture content:
One-arm Blade!!:DBlack Stew.jpg

While it all can seem a little tedious, it is exciting for the nuggets of information and insight that occasionally pop up!!
I do appreciate great knife pics!! They should be required - say 20% of ones posts, must have a GOOD picture!!
Picture content:
One-arm Blade!!:DView attachment 1542969

Dang Charlie waynorth waynorth . That's not good - the hand not the knife. The knife is an excellent choice. Take care and don't overdo it.

Picture content:
One-arm Blade!!:DView attachment 1542969

Are you going for the Viking look again? :D

I'm glad your axe arm is OK Charlie :) :D ;) :thumbsup:

R4NdmJM.jpg

Back