"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Oh, dear. Super-Genius here better check on the warranty. How long before the warp developed?
Sorry about yours and fingers crossed for mine. Not here yet.
The chipping happened right away, even when cutting soft things (I think that part of the edge was so brittle that it was chipping on the wooden cutting board). Since sharpening it two or three times, chipping hasn't been a problem.

The warp occurred cutting up an uncooked roast (with no bones in it) and also cutting up a lot of veggies to cook with it. I don't know whether the warp came from the meat or the veggies or what - I didn't notice it until after dumping everything in the crockpot and starting to clean up. Very odd, and I really don't even have a theory about how that happened. This was several months after receiving the knife, but I don't remember exactly how long.

Like I said, though, lots of people have great luck with these - I hope yours works out!

-Tyson

johndf-leather-1-jpg.1550424
Oh good, glad they fit well then. Enjoy them in good health. :cool::thumbsup:

Same thing here! Awoke to several cms of wet snow, foul. Housebound today, refuse to go out. Last week saw three fine Butterflies, where are they now?:eek:

Oh, that Misen chefs' knife was to be expected Wednesday, until they shipped it Thursday. Now expected Saturday.

Back