"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

3Ot47nn.jpg

Just for curiosity sake...
Which band or singer have you seen the most in concert?
For me it was Chris LeDoux, I've seen him four times in concert.
I even got to share a table with him once and bought him a beer.

My wife and I like a band called Vertical Horizon, they were "popular" in the 90's, and still tour and make albums. We've seen them at least half a dozen times. Coming in second is POCO, I've seen them a handful of times. Sadly, there won't be a true POCO anymore, as Rusty Young and Paul Cotton have both passed away this year.

There were a couple/three local bands that I saw many times back in the 90's/early oughts. The only somewhat well known band that I saw more than once was the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. I saw them twice. I got turned on to them by my roommates when I lived in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I didn't know they were still together until I moved to Missouri in the early '80's and they were playing at the county fair! They played on a semi trailer in the rodeo arena and the moon came up behind them while they were playing. Considering that they were my favorite band, it was pretty great 🤩
Saw them again a few years later.

Well, I'm making bread.
Wish me luck. I'm confident I had a good intuitive grasp of the recipe, though.
wdscQ3U.jpg

I have the notion you're meant to raise the dough three times, including the last time in the loaf tins. I think twice in all should be enough. It has been in the past, but this is all white whole wheat. Which is really whole white wheat; i had to look it up.
(I didn't really use the new Russell Green River, of course. The pic just needed a knife.)

Last edited:
Ya ever had that nagging feeling that someone was watching you? Well, I got up this morning, made my cup of coffee and came in to bring up my computer, and I just had that feeling someone/something was staring at me. I turned around and this is what I saw.

Coco 17 .jpg

Coco - our half German Shepard/half Australian Shepard. She is a rescue dog and we know she was born on either the 30th or 31st of October, 2010. We actually got her and brought her home on Christmas day 2010 so today or tomorrow is her birthday. We celebrate both days as such with her and she knows it - hence her early morning visit to me this morning for a treat. She's a great dog. Very loving and despite her size, gentle.

Ya ever had that nagging feeling that someone was watching you? Well, I got up this morning, made my cup of coffee and came in to bring up my computer, and I just had that feeling someone/something was staring at me. I turned around and this is what I saw.

View attachment 1670575

Coco - our half German Shepard/half Australian Shepard. She is a rescue dog and we know she was born on either the 30th or 31st of October, 2010. We actually got her and brought her home on Christmas day 2010 so today or tomorrow is her birthday. We celebrate both days as such with her and she knows it - hence her early morning visit to me this morning for a treat. She's a great dog. Very loving and despite her size, gentle.

Great minds think alike.
Meet Kaya. Like Coco, she is half German Shepherd/Half Australian Shepherd. She favors her Australian Shepherd father in appearance but unfortunately has the hip dysplasia commonly found in German Shepherds. This does not stop her from climbing the stairs to her favorite perch where she can watch everything.
uup93dE.jpg

@JohnDF , what we need is a Deadhead or Phishhead to check in, if they remember.
Gratefull Dead once, but sure enjoyed them!! Woodstock, 1969!!
Got there before the crowds, before the New York State Thruway was closed!!
Parked my VW van on the brow of the hill overlooking the stage, and got to watch from the sliding door - shelter!! My first wife!! We woke to Hendricks' "Star Spangled Banner" on the last day, when the sun shined again!!

Last edited:
My wife and I like a band called Vertical Horizon, they were "popular" in the 90's, and still tour and make albums. We've seen them at least half a dozen times. Coming in second is POCO, I've seen them a handful of times. Sadly, there won't be a true POCO anymore, as Rusty Young and Paul Cotton have both passed away this year.
Every time I see your sig line, Glenn, I hum a little bit of a Poco tune. I never saw them in person, and I only had one of their albums (the one with the oranges on the cover, I think it's their second), but I sure did like their country rock sound. I still sing the one linked below occasionally when I'm in the basement doing the laundry. I didn't realize until much later that it was a cover of an actual country hit; I thought they were kind of doing a parody of country music, but I'm blown away by the pedal steel.

- GT

Back