"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Sounds like a full day.
Chipmunk hunting:
commando.jpg
Uzi 9mm will suffice.

I'm casting about for the ideal Summer carry combo. Obviously, since I've never figured out the ideal anything carry combo. Since there isn't one.
7GnN5Ov.jpg

Kingston, nameless, Sabot, Buck (309), Vic, ISC (German-made Schrade), Lacroix, Sabot.

I was surprised to find the 309 this morning, since I wasn't aware of the pattern, never mind that I have one.
4xLEEhG.jpg
If you're seeking advice, how about this seasonal suggestion?
Since many folks enjoy fishing in the summer, you could support them by carrying one or more of those fishy-looking knives in your photo.

- GT

I'll buy some poison packets at work tomorrow. Put the bait in a bit of pvc pipe to protect the innocent.

Last edited:
There were some pretty bad storms/tornadoes in Northwest Arkansas last night. I know we have a few of members who live around there, hope everyone’s ok.

I grew up in one of the towns that got the worst of it and still have a lot of family there. They’re all ok, my in-laws had some minor damage (roof shingles, trees down) and my mom had a tree fall on her back fence, but that’s it.

This little old-school drive-in we used to go to when we were kids was destroyed. It had been around since the 60s.

pOgpi5n.jpg

BNthSJ7.jpg

rZP5iMN.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from or know anything about Jeff Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund . It's not like him to drop out for almost a month without a word especially, on Memorial Day.
I am alive and well, my friend. Like Frank said, I’ve been keeping an eye on you guys, but just had to take a break from some of my regular routines.

Just had to say goodbye to my father, who passed at age 90, after contracting covid, and entering the hospital on Palm Sunday.

A peaceful ending to a beautiful life ~ and at his request, we laid his ashes next to Jason’s.

I’ll be back soon. Just reflecting more than usual.

I am alive and well, my friend. Like Frank said, I’ve been keeping an eye on you guys, but just had to take a break from some of my regular routines.

Just had to say goodbye to my father, who passed at age 90, after contracting covid, and entering the hospital on Palm Sunday.

A peaceful ending to a beautiful life ~ and at his request, we laid his ashes next to Jason’s.

Sorry for your loss, Jeff😞
Losing one’s father is very difficult, and absolutely does bring about a lot of reflection…

Sorry for your loss my friend.
All the best to you and your family.

So sorry to hear that, Jeff. Ninety years is quite a life, but of course that doesn’t make losing your dad any easier. Condolences my friend.

Condolences to you and your family, Jeff 🙏

Sorry to hear it Jeff, but thankful for a life well lived. Your family is in our prayers. 🙏

Condolences, and may your memories of him be fond!!

Back