"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I think I need to stop posting here at least for a while. Latter folks.
Sorry, Randy. I seriously didn't mean any offense. I'm just trying to make fun of myself for being an overly-sensitive curmudgeon.
Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't translate well to the written word.

Sorry. :oops: I don't mean all Millennials.
I just mean the ones with their eyes glued to a screen all the time and their crazy hairstyles and that noise they call music and... Get off my lawn, you whippersnappers! :D

that does describe a majority of the generation unfortunately...

Taking my bloodhound to the vet on monday. I found her at pound on Petfinder about 12 years ago. I hopped in the car drove across several state lines to get her that same day. She was scheduled to be put down since she was feral and the pound was short of space because they had just received a bunch of roosters from a raid of cock fighting ring. She was a force to be reckoned with. She could probably run through a brick wall if she wanted something on the other side. Now at least 12 years later (2+ years past the life expectancy for her breed and fighting cancer, I am needing to carry her outside to go to the bathroom. Praying for good news from the vet and some more time together. Here she is sniffing out "muskrats".

CpZkzLJ.jpg

N5ZJLjD.jpg

Sorry. :oops: I don't mean all Millennials.
I just mean the ones with their eyes glued to a screen all the time and their crazy hairstyles and that noise they call music and... Get off my lawn, you whippersnappers! :D
LOL! Gee, my dad said the same thing about me and my friends back in the day, just he was always calling us "Hippies" instead of "Millennials."

Taking my bloodhound to the vet on monday. I found her at pound on Petfinder about 12 years ago. I hopped in the car drove across several state lines to get her that same day. She was scheduled to be put down since she was feral and the pound was short of space because they had just received a bunch of roosters from a raid of cock fighting ring. She was a force to be reckoned with. She could probably run through a brick wall if she wanted something on the other side. Now at least 12 years later (2+ years past the life expectancy for her breed and fighting cancer, I am needing to carry her outside to go to the bathroom. Praying for good news from the vet and some more time together. Here she is sniffing out "muskrats".

CpZkzLJ.jpg

N5ZJLjD.jpg
Best wishes for the pup, supratentorial. Good on you for giving her a second chance and a good life. :thumbsup:

LOL! Gee, my dad said the same thing about me and my friends back in the day, just he was always calling us "Hippies" instead of "Millennials."
:D T'was ever thus. And someday, those Millennials will be complaining about whatever the next generation will be called, and whatever newfangled thing they will be doing...

So "millennials" = people born in the year 1000 AD? I am not hep to the lingo all you cool cats use today.

I was hoping that I was the only one that had Grandkids & Great Grandkids that lived on their phones. That is one of the reasons that I have given traditional knives to every one of my Grandsons & Great Grandsons . Get them to appreciate them when they are young . I have also given my 3 Daughters knives upon their own requests .

Harry

CpZkzLJ.jpg

N5ZJLjD.jpg
Reminds me of the old cartoon Deputy Dawg.
The villain if the piece was Musky the Muskrat:D if memory serves.

I agree with Meako- randy keep going brother - can do without you mate!

Jake- Oh mate...I know that so well- here's hoping that you get good news my friend - What a lovely life you have given her!

CpZkzLJ.jpg

N5ZJLjD.jpg

That absolutely sucks.. I hope your bloodhound somehow comes through whatever is ailing her. It's always a tough loss when you lose a dog - member of the family. I'll alert my dogs on the other side to be on the lookout for her should she pass- they'll take care of her. You didn't give her name. I'll have her in my thoughts when I go to bed tonight. Will you be able to put her to rest at your home?

Last edited:
I have been speaking with our friend and fellow forumite Bob (BigBiscuit) a lot the last couple of weeks as well as some others of you have been in touch with him as well. I just got off the phone with him and he said it was okay if I went ahead and let everyone know what was going on. Most of you know Bob has cancer but he has really been going down hill for the last few weeks and the prognosis is not good. He and his family are trying to make the decision if it's time to bring Hospice in. His sister has came in form Alaska and his brother from Mississippi to spend some time with him.
Bob is a great guy and good friend and I really hate he is going through this. He is to weak to do much posting right now but he said he would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for him and his family. He has a grandson that he is very close to and he said he is taking this very hard so please remember this young man as well. I would also ask if you have a BigBiscuit story please post it as I think it may just cheer him up some to read what you folks have to say about him because I know he is loved by so many here.

CpZkzLJ.jpg

N5ZJLjD.jpg

I lost my pup back in August. Got him from my cousin, she had adopted a min pin from her local shelter and turned out the thing was pregnant with what the vet said to be a litter of four. It gave birth to four pups a few weeks later during the night and they saw all four Caleb out fine. Woke up the next mourning and there were three more laying there that looked like a different breed. My dog Copper, was one of the last three. I think he was a min pin border collie mix. I think the worst part about his death was he was only a year old.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update on Bob, Randy. Raising smoke for our Porch friend and his family.

I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. It has impacted my life way too many times, and I know it has impacted many here.

Back