"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Very sorry to hear about your pet Gary. They are in many ways like our children and it really hurts when they leave.

Oh Gary.....
Mate, I'm terribly sorry to see that you lost your wee Stella- what a little sweetheart.
In such a sad time a massive positive can be taken that you gave that wee thing all the love in the World- What a wonderful gift to give someone!

yeah - it's currently 60 out -- supposed to have 1" of snow on the ground tomorrow morning and a high of about 35.
we need the moisture, but......... arrgh........

Took a ride through the Village of Camillus today and pulled over to take this picture. It's still hard to believe Camillus Cutlery is gone.
jqhArNh.jpg

Just got home and have to leave real soon but I wanted to take a moment to say to all who are celebrating today;
Happy Easter, Resurrection Day and or First Fruits!!! How ever you celebrate the Risen Savior may it be joyful and filled with Love!!! -James
My wife and I have been so busy that today we decided to take it easy and have our first ever Easter frozen pizza for dinner :D Happy Easter to you James and to everyone :thumbsup:

Hmmmmm! I could have some good dreams living in that old factory!!
Viewing the glass as half-full, it's nice to see the building providing homes for people instead of rats, or worse, burning down!! I hope they have the history preserved in their lobby and orientation materials!
Gone but not forgotten!! Thanks for the picture, Gary!!
This morning I finished putting my Camillus collection away, temporarily. I'm going to use the display case at the Oregon show. I marvelled at each knife, as I put them to bed in cigar boxes. Wonderful patterns, great jigged bone, crispy action; tons of soul in those boxes!!
Gives me a chance to arrange an even better display when I return!! Meantime, this case will be home to a nice collection of Boys' Knives for a while!!
Rest peacefully, Camillus!!
empty case.jpg

Back