"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

HoJ02FD.jpg

o_O

~ P.
I was responding more from my own perspective. Since I am not actively acquiring more knives, my posting has dropped off rather significantly in this forum. I don't know if that's applicable to you.

Confession..... I hadn’t a clue that the tan threads at the top here were active. I thought they were more archives than living threads. My mistake. Is this the actual porch? I thought the porch referred to all the tradional threads. I’ll have to pop back in.

Confession..... I hadn’t a clue that the tan threads at the top here were active. I thought they were more archives than living threads. My mistake. Is this the actual porch? I thought the porch referred to all the tradional threads. I’ll have to pop back in.

Yep you are on the porch, have a chair...or rocker.

I was responding more from my own perspective. Since I am not actively acquiring more knives, my posting has dropped off rather significantly in this forum. I don't know if that's applicable to you.

JC I'm not buying knives right now and must admit this place is enabling however don't get to scarce I enjoy seeing your kitty kat avatar.

We kind of consider the whole traditional sub-forum the Porch but the lounge is the heart where we can talk about anything and everything so get to posting and let us know what's on your mind.:D

We kind of consider the whole traditional sub-forum the Porch but the lounge is the heart where we can talk about anything and everything so get to posting and let us know what's on your mind.:D
Thanks man. I’m gonna try. I admit I got tired of dealing with Photobucket and loading pics. I like the updated site. I like how it leaves you where you left off on threads. Is there an easy app to load pics from phone with? I tried Imgur- having troubles. When I upload a file it says too big to load.

Thanks man. I’m gonna try. I admit I got tired of dealing with Photobucket and loading pics. I like the updated site. I like how it leaves you where you left off on threads. Is there an easy app to load pics from phone with? I tried Imgur- having troubles. When I upload a file it says too big to load.
If you'e familiar with photo apps you can resize below 1mb, another easy way is to email the photo to yourself. That gives you the option of resizing when you send it.

You can also use post image website to upload pictures for free and use the url function in the thread.

Any golf fans here? Quite a first day at the Masters Tournament. Jordan Spieth is a true artist around the greens.
I am an avid golfer and follower of golf Jeff :thumbsup: I didn't get to watch any action today but Spieth has amazing touch around the greens, unusual for such a young guy but kids start golfing so young that they almost make it look easy. Now that my curling season has come to end my focus will switch to golf... but with the weather in Wisconsin, that's looking like the middle of May! Curling was great this year, my team took second place in our Wednesday league and finished with 14 wins and 5 losses. We missed winning the championship game by literally 1 inch... we were so close :confused: Here's a pic of 3 guys from my team after we scored 6 points in one end :) I'm the guy on the right :rolleyes:

Curly.JPG

- Kevin

Kevin, I have a question for you. In curling, does the sweeping slow the stone or speed it up?
Jeff- The sweeping melts the ice a very little bit which makes it more slippery so the stone will travel further and straighter. You will see people sweeping if they think the stone is too short of it's target, or if they think it is going to "curl" too much... and sometimes for both reasons LoL.

We have a saying: a good day for golf is a good day to ride a motorcycle, so if you have time for golf, you can’t be much of a rider. (Ditto sailing, btw, a much better way to pass an afternoon than golf.) anyway, I can’t stand golf. I have many acquaintances who play it, but no friends who do.

That said, the Masters has an inexorable pull. It will probably be on at my son’s house on Sunday. They hate golf there, too, but football is over, baseball is just underway, and hockey and basketball are in garbage time before the playoffs, except for the few teams that still have a playoff spot at stake. So we will watch the Masters, pretend ffor a couple of hours that we know something about the game, feel a little creeped out by it, and then forget about it until next year.

Kevin, thank you for the answer! I have another question, for everyone or anyone here. Did Schrade ever make their 3⅞" trapper frame as a jack, with clip main and sheepfoot secondary blades? I seem to remember such, but what was the model number? Thanks!

Kevin, thank you for the answer! I have another question, for everyone or anyone here. Did Schrade ever make their 3⅞" trapper frame as a jack, with clip main and sheepfoot secondary blades? I seem to remember such, but what was the model number? Thanks!
Jeff- I just looked through the Schrade Open Stock list and it appears all of their typical jack knives (3-7/8" or 4") that have sheepfoot blades are at least 3 blade knives so premium jacks, stockmans and congress knives, not trapper frames. The 293, 293Y and 293WE I believe are the only trapper frame models and they have clip blade with long spey blade and the 294 has a clip and pen. However it is well known that Schrade wasn't the best at documenting all of their models and would often times put together knives using parts and pieces that were left over / unused. I'm not up to speed on any of their "newer" knives so it's possible there might be more recent models that aren't included in the info I have. I would love to see a Schrade 3-7/8" trapper with clip and sheepfoot if anybody has one! :)

- Kevin

black mamba black mamba Well I stand corrected... upon some Googling I did find the Schrade Old Timer 93OT "Wrangler" has a clip and sheepfoot! It was made from 1982 to 1993 which is why it wasn't on my radar, too modern for me LoL ;) I think the body is only ~3-1/2" on this one.

Wrangler.JPG

- Kevin

Back