1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Think it's a tourist item, set of nails clippers in a slot on the left, wee 3-blade multi-tool fixed into the pouch on the right - bottle-opener/screwdriver, knife, nail-file. Couple of holes for adding a lanyard. You can have it if you want? :thumbsup:

veitsi_poika and Cambertree like this.
  2. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Ah, yep, I thought it might have been some type of manicure item. Sure, thanks mate, I'm sure it'll come in handy. Cheers!:thumbsup::)

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'll stick it on your pile ;) Appears unused :thumbsup:

Cambertree likes this.
  4. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Muchas gracias, mi amigo.:thumbsup::cool::)

Adding in some more random SAK content:
    [​IMG]

veitsi_poika likes this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    De nada companero ;)

I always carry two, in case one of them melts! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Vic Farmer 1-1.JPG

Cambertree, veitsi_poika and Grateful like this.
  6. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    To modify Johnny Cash's song... "How high's the snow Poppa? He said 'It's 2 feet high & risin'..."

I dumped corn and seed right outside my patio door and the geese / deer are feeding right there. I'll try to get a pic of the deer if they come in again. The cat is not sure what to do with a bird that big... notice he is hiding behind the drift LoL :D

Goose.JPG

- Kevin

Rambler, Gevonovich, zolthar and 4 others like this.
  7. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    It upsets me when browsing yard sales, garage sales, flea markets, antique malls and especially online when you see a great old knife (Ulster, Richards, Utica, Imperial, etc.) that you would like to own but the seller has it priced at $129 and you know it's worth $30 to $50 max. So that poor knife is going to sit there forever because the person has no idea what it's actually worth or maybe worse, somebody who is even more clueless will buy it and try to sell it for more! o_O:( I love it when I make a generous offer online and the person will counter by taking a $1 off. I generally do not reply back and leave it for what it is. :p:thumbsdown:

- Kevin

8. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    We got a little snow here, too...

[​IMG]

And it's still coming down! :confused: :D

9. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Jack, your table is always a treasure trove. I'm always interested to see what you have found.

sitflyer and Wurrwulf like this.
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Frank, there's an awful lot of stuff besides the knives! :eek: :D I'll have to see if I can arrange another pic ;) :thumbsup:

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    That's a change for you.

12. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Looks like a Trim-Trio. I have one that's riveted into a leather swinging cover with advertising.

Cambertree likes this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It's that what they're called Jer, cool name :) I have other ones which are US made, not sure about this one? :thumbsup:

14. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I have 11 of them, including three ersatz ones with screw driver/bottle openers differently shaped from the originals. Yours has a differently shaped sd/cl, so probably not a Trio by Trim. Three of mine have Trim stamped on the handle, three have trim-trio, one has oxford chemicals, and one has nothing. The 8 are tang-stamped with Bassett/Derry CT/Made in USA or Bassett/USA/Patented pat #. Also a two-digit number like 72 or 96.
    Two of the ersatz are tang-stamped usa in fine print on the sd/cl, one is totally unmarked.
    More than you asked, but I'm guessing yours was USA-made, too. Though just because I've never seen a foreign made one around here doesn't mean they don't exist elsewhere. Or even here, come to that.
    [​IMG]
    I just noticed the ersatzes don't have the separate key-chain hole.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice collection my friend, I have at least one, maybe two, tucked away, so I'll try and take pics tomorrow :thumbsup:

scrteened porch and veitsi_poika like this.
  16. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015

Jack have you ever considered collecting knives? :D:D

Cutfinger and Jack Black like this.
  17. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Was just about say
    Put the jug on.

Jack Black likes this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    A few times my friend, but I'm not sure I have the discipline! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

19. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    snafu repair

20. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I remember my dad sitting in the kitchen showing off the first Trim-Trio. Probably 69 cents, sharp off the card, rugged and low maintenance. Back then everybody needed a bottle opener, and there it was. He must have bought a pocketful, and we all carried them for years.
    So I tend to buy one whenever I see it.

Cutfinger and Cambertree like this.