"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Sorry I got excited about football and forgot what I meant to post in fact I'm watching the Panthers and the Patriots going at it as I type this. @paulhilborn you are my friend and I love you but I hope we keep on whipping your Patriots A****** 25 to 6 right now. :D:D:D

Anyway what I wanted to post was I have the money to buy a new knife and have been trying to catch a 47 Viper and keep missing them by a few minutes. ARGH!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Is anybody else excited for the start of football season?
American tackle football, just to be clear. :D :cool: :cool:
Go Seahawks! If I didn't try to minimize posting pictures of my kids online I would share some pictures of me and my wee ones in our Jerseys. My daughter is old enough to pick a "Number 3 Russell Wilson" jersey for herself at the store, but my son (still being shy of two) wears a 12 :) (I wear a Tatupu jersey because I am just set in my ways I guess)

Go Seahawks! If I didn't try to minimize posting pictures of my kids online I would share some pictures of me and my wee ones in our Jerseys. My daughter is old enough to pick a "Number 3 Russell Wilson" jersey for herself at the store, but my son (still being shy of two) wears a 12 :) (I wear a Tatupu jersey because I am just set in my ways I guess)
Ah man so far I am outnumbered in the NFC west :)

Ah man so far I am outnumbered in the NFC west :)

No worries man, I like the Niner's too. I've been a Seahawks fan all my life thanks to my dad being a Seahawks fan from before I was born, but that meant that I had to root for some other team in the post-season growing up. When the Seahawks went to the Superb Owl in 2005 it was literally the first season they had won a playoff game since I was 4 years old. That was a long time cheering for a perennial underdog. For me, the team I cheered for in the post-season growing up was the 49ers. I mean, the first Superb Owl I really remember was the 49ers vs the Bengals. I think I'll always remember Joe Montana saying "I'm going to Disneyland!"

So don't feel lonely, I've got no hate for the Niners.

But Go Hawks!

No worries man, I like the Niner's too. I've been a Seahawks fan all my life thanks to my dad being a Seahawks fan from before I was born, but that meant that I had to root for some other team in the post-season growing up. When the Seahawks went to the Superb Owl in 2005 it was literally the first season they had won a playoff game since I was 4 years old. That was a long time cheering for a perennial underdog. For me, the team I cheered for in the post-season growing up was the 49ers. I mean, the first Superb Owl I really remember was the 49ers vs the Bengals. I think I'll always remember Joe Montana saying "I'm going to Disneyland!"

So don't feel lonely, I've got no hate for the Niners.

But Go Hawks!
All good I have a lot of Seahawks fan friends and family we razz each other pretty well :) I really hope both teams do well enough to give us some good games this season...looking forward to it! The dark time of the year for sports fans is almost over.:thumbsup:

You need a Jim Zorn, Steve Largent or Curt Warner jersey to go along with your Tatupu:)

My favorite Lions year was when they started so well that they adopted Queen's Another One Bites the Dust as their theme song, then turned so bad that a local DJ started playing Another One Beats Our Butts.

Sitting knifeless in an airport. Tossed a SAK Spartan in my checked bag so I'll have something at the other end. I haven't had to fly in 5 years. Not my preferred mode of travel
Yeah, it isn't as much fun as it used to be. :rolleyes: For my NYC trip, I mailed a box of SAKs and small Imperials to carry and give as gifts. I'd rather give USPS the money than pay for a checked bag.

Back