1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Sorry I got excited about football and forgot what I meant to post in fact I'm watching the Panthers and the Patriots going at it as I type this. @paulhilborn you are my friend and I love you but I hope we keep on whipping your Patriots A****** 25 to 6 right now. :D:D:D

Anyway what I wanted to post was I have the money to buy a new knife and have been trying to catch a 47 Viper and keep missing them by a few minutes. ARGH!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Fodderwing and waverave like this.
  2. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I don't watch the NFL much, but I'll just say "Gig'em Aggies!" in the spirit of the current conversation.

JohnDF, waverave and r redden like this.
  3. WinchesteRalox

WinchesteRalox

Mar 26, 2018
    go Lions! One can always hope that they’ll have a good season this year!

JohnDF and waverave like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    You mean hockey!

5. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Wow it's hard to believe this thread is on the verge of hitting the 1K page mark! Hope you all had a nice Knife Day today.

Even though every day is knife day around here.

:D

6. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    ...any...post...now...

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Go,Irish!

waverave likes this.
  8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Though I'm an Aggie by education, I've been a gator from my youth, so I'm happy to add a "Go Gators!" to my gig'em.

Prester John and waverave like this.
  9. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Go Seahawks! If I didn't try to minimize posting pictures of my kids online I would share some pictures of me and my wee ones in our Jerseys. My daughter is old enough to pick a "Number 3 Russell Wilson" jersey for herself at the store, but my son (still being shy of two) wears a 12 :) (I wear a Tatupu jersey because I am just set in my ways I guess)

JohnDF and veitsi_poika like this.
  10. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Ah man so far I am outnumbered in the NFC west :)

11. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    No worries man, I like the Niner's too. I've been a Seahawks fan all my life thanks to my dad being a Seahawks fan from before I was born, but that meant that I had to root for some other team in the post-season growing up. When the Seahawks went to the Superb Owl in 2005 it was literally the first season they had won a playoff game since I was 4 years old. That was a long time cheering for a perennial underdog. For me, the team I cheered for in the post-season growing up was the 49ers. I mean, the first Superb Owl I really remember was the 49ers vs the Bengals. I think I'll always remember Joe Montana saying "I'm going to Disneyland!"

So don't feel lonely, I've got no hate for the Niners.

But Go Hawks!

JohnDF likes this.
  12. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    All good I have a lot of Seahawks fan friends and family we razz each other pretty well :) I really hope both teams do well enough to give us some good games this season...looking forward to it! The dark time of the year for sports fans is almost over.:thumbsup:

JohnDF and abbydaddy like this.
  13. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    National Felon League.

14. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    You need a Jim Zorn, Steve Largent or Curt Warner jersey to go along with your Tatupu:)

waverave, abbydaddy and JohnDF like this.
  15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    My favorite Lions year was when they started so well that they adopted Queen's Another One Bites the Dust as their theme song, then turned so bad that a local DJ started playing Another One Beats Our Butts.

waverave likes this.
  16. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Sitting knifeless in an airport. Tossed a SAK Spartan in my checked bag so I'll have something at the other end. I haven't had to fly in 5 years. Not my preferred mode of travel

17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    #37 Shaun Alexander for me. Been a fan for 30 years, I remember the "underdog years" very well. Shaun pulled us out of the hole.

abbydaddy and veitsi_poika like this.
  18. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Yeah, it isn't as much fun as it used to be. :rolleyes: For my NYC trip, I mailed a box of SAKs and small Imperials to carry and give as gifts. I'd rather give USPS the money than pay for a checked bag.

Prester John and veitsi_poika like this.
  19. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I was at the Seahawks vs. Packers game last year... the home opener here; first time I was able to wear shorts to a game at Lambeau field :) I will be at the home opener again this against the Bears :thumbsup:

upload_2018-8-25_8-34-22.png

20. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Go, Pack, Go!

Old Engineer, veitsi_poika and JohnDF like this.