Carothers and Guns

cpirtle cpirtle

Chad, do you have the cast (mold?) for a S&W 4" to commission leather sheath for? 686-6 SSR is the model if you need to know exactly.

I have several 4" K/L frame pistols and maybe a blue gun, but to be honest I would try to find someone who will make it specifically for the 686 SSR. The barrel on that is a significantly different profile than standard, so a wet molded holster would be somewhat of a sloppy fit, at least the way I make them. I have also closed my books to new orders at least until after Blade so I can focus on digging out of my backlog, which has gotten out of control. If you bomb out shoot me an email and I can get you on the radar for right after I catch up :thumbsup: Thanks!

Some of the Wonder Nines

Walther PPQ and and HDMC
r02bE9G.jpg

HK Vp-9 and Shiv

kjXnWUx.jpg

Sig P320 X-Carry and HDFK

monuZkt.jpg

Some of the Wonder Nines

Walther PPQ and and HDMC
r02bE9G.jpg

HK Vp-9 and Shiv

kjXnWUx.jpg

monuZkt.jpg
The P320s are actually decent shooting 9's, but every time I see a P320 X-carry, the first visual that pops in my head, is a gymrat who skips 'leg day' :p and the series of pics above serve to amplify that.

The P320s are actually decent shooting 9's, but every time I see a P320 X-carry, the first visual that pops in my head, is a gymrat who skips 'leg day' :p and the series of pics above serve to amplify that.

Yea, this was originally bought for my wife, but after firing it, I bought me one too:thumbsup: Besides I am a gymrat who skips legs, and upper Body everyday:eek:Love it

Last edited:
I received the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock and Limbsaver pad today (one ensemble) plus I elected to go with the one which has the cheek riser. The finish outta box is not as nice as the original Benelli stock (SuperNova in the pic below) but the fit is pretty, pretty good for an aftermarket stock which is supposed to fit a bunch of different manufacturers' models (Remington / Mossberg / Stoeger?). The Benelli pump has an obnoxiously sized forend so this one gives me a much better LoP plus great reach to rack the shotgun hard from the correct support palm rest position (I discovered that I was a T-Rex when I bought this SG with the original LoP of 14.75"!). The U.S. made follower (Nordic Components) will arrive in a day or two so I'll be 2 down and one more to go before I wanna venture into the magazine tube extension (parts already on order and en-route). I have been researching but none whom I have named to find who makes a compatible U.S. made trigger/hammer/sear. I think that I will go the gunsmithing route for that 3rd and final part of 922r compliance.

I have not installed the cheek-riser yet because as installed it shoulders perfectly for my line of sight with the ghost-ring rear sight and the front dot sight. I can feel that the ghost-ring rear sight is a bit wobbly which doesn't inspire a lotta confidence in a 12 gauge! I have ordered a Picatinny rail and will eventually be installing a red-dot or reflect optic on this when I get the 922r compatibility all figured out :)

View attachment 1266402

Original factory stock pictured to kinda represent the above given description.

Mat, congrats on your new toys, have you gotten a chance to fire them yet? I have a set-up in back of the house, Come on down to "Rocky Top" Will feed you well, and provide you with an abundance of "Adult Beverages" I usually start firing around 420 Local:p:D

Some of the Wonder Nines

Walther PPQ and and HDMC
r02bE9G.jpg

HK Vp-9 and Shiv

kjXnWUx.jpg

monuZkt.jpg

Hey Tommy, thank you for your kind hospitality. Anything having to do with 420, I think that will have to involve our high scepter, Bob 4:20 :D

Q: does that HDMC on top have a swedge or sharpened top edge? I don't think that it's the lighting! I can tell that Shiv has a sharpened top 2" but that looks like one of REK jobs. IIRC, that is the Shiv which you had bought from me via Bob, the one which needed quite a bit of TLC which you had sent out to REK.

ETA: the CZ 75 P-01 is still at the gunshop getting the tricking out treatment (Cajun Gun Works trigger and such parts plus better sights by Meprolite). The 686 SSR is still in CA's 10 days background check purgatory. The shotty is all getting some other tricking out, plus we don't fire 'em in here, we just cuddle 'em :D I'm waiting to go up north in March to fire 'em :)

Hey Tommy, thank you for your kind hospitality. Anything having to do with 420, I think that will have to involve our high scepter, Bob 4:20 :D

Q: does that HDMC on top have a swedge or sharpened top edge? I don't think that it's the lighting! I can tell that Shiv has a sharpened top 2" but that looks like one of REK jobs. IIRC, that is the Shiv which you had bought from me via Bob, the one which needed quite a bit of TLC which you had sent out to REK.

Yes Mat the HDMC does have a "More of what I would consider a Penetrator Tip than Swedge. And yes the Shiv was done by Josh@REK

Back