Case Copperheads- pics and experience wanted

EngrSorenson

Noticed by Senpai
Platinum Member
Hey BF traditional,
Checking out a site (that shall go unnamed) I see that there’s preorders open for a July shipment of Case Copperheads.

Never owned or seen a Copperhead in person. I’m curious to see pictures- particularly of the blade well, pile side, and with each blade fully deployed. I’m also curious what folks think of the pattern.

Let’s avoid the never ending discussion of Case Quality Control and stick to knife functionality. I’ve had bad luck with Case myself, but I’d risk it again if the copperhead is offered in CV and folks regard it as worth owning.

Copperhead history buffs also wanted. I found a relevant thread here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-case-for-the-copperhead.1535375/

I'm excited to see the cover options! Hopefully they have as many as the barlows!

On a side note, a single clip with a pen blade would be sweeeeet!

2001 Wharncliffe copperhead (6249W). Interesting to note, it is configured with the spear blade as the "main".

48441142506_a34eb1d5b5_b.jpg

Is this is the same frame as the regular copperlock? If so this is a pretty easy vault release as I'm sure it shares 90% of components with the copperlock lol.
Now if they release the R61066 to go along with it that would be interesting o_O
PZHrOUe.jpg

;)

Hey David, Is that yours?!
She's a beaut! Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly

From what I've read, the Copperlock (and mini Copperlock) are based on the pattern. Reading between the lines, I would guess that means that it's not exactly the same. Any way you cut it (so to speak), they already have all the tooling and dies to stamp out the parts.

I had a mini copperlock once that I loved. I've lost it, but before I lost it, time had a field day on it. The lock "push lever" (I'll call it) would lock proud and there was all kinds of play in the blade. I got it when I was 14 and not sure that I would have been aware of what blade play was.

I'd dreamed of having a non-locking version. Maybe this could be what I was looking for?

Thank you EngrSorenson EngrSorenson ! Your original post has me hoping the Case 2021 vault release will be a true copperhead slipjoint.
I don’t know if it’s the official vault release, but I keep going back to check in on it. Eye ball it. Tempt myself. You probably know how it works.

Copperlock vs. copperhead.

50401075803_368a442fc5_b.jpg
I see now the frame is slightly wider and the bolster is a bit longer, presumably to allow room for locking bar. I just was thinking from a manufacturing point of view it would good to have some commonality with each other. Those are beautiful examples btw, thanks for posting them.

I have the exact same knife that A Ace Rimmer has. It's without a doubt the prettiest jigged blue bone I've ever seen... the only issue with mine is that the wharncliffe blade has a very light pull... probably around a 3 or so. Other than that, it's a wonderfully made knife. It's a good size for use, and the wharnie is definitely a user.. The pen main blade is a good size, as well. Not too dainty, but not overly large.... nice knives.

Back