Case Copperheads- pics and experience wanted

HEMI 49

Gold Member
HEMI 49 HEMI 49 that Kirinite is a dandy! I just pulled the trigger on the Abilone Copperhead. Very pricey but the Copperhead is one of my favorite patterns and I have never owned a case with the Abilone scales.

Thanks Tiger!!.... it is a dandy pattern for sure..... Please post pictures when you receive yours...

Last edited:

Will Power

Gold Member
My experience with CASE Copperhead knives is limited to the Mini Copperhead (shown) and 3 Mini Copperlocks and one full size Copperlock. All have been very well finished with no problems at all. The Mini Copperhead is a small knife 3" but unlike some small GECs doesn't come across as toy like. The Mini Copperlocks offer a good sized blade and compact carry lockback, huge range of scales. The full size I didn't care for, too long thin and skimpy-well made though.

CASE Copperlock knives as recently released from the vault are different from Böker's, and I think the RR variant is based on that, the Böker is certainly worth looking into if you fancy the pattern Clip/Drop-Point. Queen also made Copperhead knives some with a liner-lock.

Whatever the make, a Copperhead always offers one big plus point: shielded tang so no more ripped pockets :thumbsup::)

aQYEBWL.jpg

Last edited:

Misplaced Hillbilly

Gold Member
The Copperhead was not at all on my radar until my wife scooped one out of the passaround box here. It is an RR but really nicely built, my wife took to it like a fish takes to water - she loves it! With that sort of enthusiasm, I scooped up a Case one that I believe is from the recent release (got it from @JTB_5) and my wife fell for that one too.

My wife has never been opposed to knives but she has never taken to a pocket knife like these. As a result, I am more than willing to continue feeding that enthusiasm so I will definitely be picking up a few more throughout the year.

Personal impressions are that it is a very comfortable frame in hand and I think Case executed the Clip main very nicely. I'd share pictures but my wife is away for the evening and she took the knives with her. :D
Speaking of the pass around box I haven't forgotten, I've been so busy with work and rain I haven't had much opportunity to get pics taken. On top of that a knife I had ordered just to include was delayed in the mail:mad::thumbsdown:My boss picked 2 out and she nabbed one I had my eye on lol. Please be patient with me guys, I'll be starting the next round Sunday. Sorry for the delay!

5K Qs

Gold Member
Case copperhead I received this week, but it's not one of the new models from the Vault. If I'm reading the tang stamp correctly, it's a 1998 model sent to me as a generous gift (thanks, Steve)! At 4" closed, I think it's a bit longer than the new releases, and the pen secondary is in front of the Wharncliffe (almost lambsfoot?) main, so both nail nicks are on the mark side. I really like the EZ open notch, too.
EZ49.mark.Vflat.main.alleystair.jpg

- GT

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
CASE Copperlock knives as recently released from the vault are different from Böker's, and I think the RR variant is based on that, the Böker is certainly worth looking into if you fancy the pattern Clip/Drop-Point.

I did not realize that the RR was based off the Boker version - that RR feels great in the hand, so I ordered a Boker version just now. My wife is going to start rolling her eyes hard at me every time I hand her a new knife - she doesn't know the monster she has created :D.

bigfish64

Gold Member
I did not realize that the RR was based off the Boker version - that RR feels great in the hand, so I ordered a Boker version just now. My wife is going to start rolling her eyes hard at me every time I hand her a new knife - she doesn't know the monster she has created :D.
Which one did you order? I’ve had a couple of them, a beer barrel, I sold, and a red jigged bone that I still have, but haven’t used and don’t carry.

Duper

Gold Member
Which one did you order? I’ve had a couple of them, a beer barrel, I sold, and a red jigged bone that I still have, but haven’t used and don’t carry.
Is there a Solingen made SS Copperhead out on the market today?

,,,Mike in Canada

bigfish64

Gold Member
Is there a Solingen made SS Copperhead out on the market today?

,,,Mike in Canada
I personally don’t know, my red jigged bone version is SS but not made in Solingen. It’s a “plus” which I believe is made in China. I’m not a huge fan of their Copperheads so I don’t really pay much attention when I’m looking around.
I do however, much prefer the Case Copperhead and plan to pick up a few of those this year.

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member

I ordered one in the red jigged - the price was pretty decent and I am hoping the quality is too. I haven't had any of the more recently made Bokers before.

Tree Brand - Solingen made with High Carbon Stainless Steel.

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
D Duper - Here is a 1st Generation Buck Creek Stag Copperhead made in Solingen

qcp9D44.jpg

Pàdruig Pàdruig - Here's a Boker Stag Copperhead made in Solingen

FjqlR6z.jpg

I prefer the longer second blade of these two Copperheads over the short pen blade of the Case Copperheads.

Those are beauties, Ed. I do like Case's execution of the Clip main on their Copperhead (not something that I am used to saying, to be honest). However, the pen secondary does feel a bit misplaced compared to Boker's configuration.

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Those are beauties, Ed. I do like Case's execution of the Clip main on their Copperhead (not something that I am used to saying, to be honest). However, the pen secondary does feel a bit misplaced compared to Boker's configuration.

I get your point (pun intended) Dylan but I like most all Clip blades. I couldn't think of the proper name for the secondary blades of the knives I posted above but it's just struck me that they are Muskrat blades.

mbkr

Gold Member
Just got back from two weeks in Tennessee. Snow, 63 degrees and sunshine, freezing drizzle. Adventures galore :eek:
Except for one day, I carried this one for two solid weeks. Cut various and a sundry. Did a little stropping on it. This is a great pocket knife :thumbsup:
YellowTNFeb1 (1).JPG YellowTNFeb1 (2).JPG