Case Seahorse

This is the video that did it for me:

[video=youtube;YpdOpDpqaHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpdOpDpqaHk#t=212[/video]

I just loved the handle length to main blade ratio. Some have said the main blade is too thick, but it has a rather dramatic distal taper coming to a very fine point, so I am thinking that it will be just right.

I tried to find the lime green but ran across the moss brown and pulled the trigger. (it was more $$ but I love the worm groove bone).

Now I am looking at the Case/Bose wharncliffe whittler - but @ $400 bucks I'm hoping that the Seahorse stops that obsession!

[I'll post pic's when mine arrives]

Eric

I love this pattern, Gary! Good choice, IMO!!

Here is one from a special run a number of years back:
ATS34Seahorse_zpsfaaa2d92.jpg

ATS34Seahorse2_zps5a027ca5.jpg

ATS34Seahorsetang_zpsec45de1f.jpg

ATS34Seahorse1_zps918570f0.jpg

You win, Charlie! That's a beauty!

Wow very nice!!! Mine should arrive tomorrow night, fingers crossed.
G2

You are going to enjoy the knife, Gary! I carried one on and off, and found it quite useful day to day. It is an enjoyable shape in the hand.
Here's another Seahorse, this one in Giraffe bone.
I have often wondered if Giraffe bones are built stronger because of the leverage they have to resist!? These bones are supposedly salvaged from dead animals, so none were killed to provide materials.

SeahorseGiraffe_zpsfb5a8338.jpg

SeahorseGiraffe1_zpsfc49c038.jpg

SeahorseGiraffe2_zpsd802f2f7.jpg

Again, very nice, I'm anxiously waiting for mine to arrive, I know it'll most likely need to be tuned up edge wise but then, I don't mind that one bit :) It's good to know that while the large blade is thick, it will most likely still cut well.

Charlie if you happen to make it back to GEC this year, make a note to bring those two along ;) love to see them up close, sorry I missed last year, silly ankle!!!
G2

I'll admit this is not one of my users. It's a safe queen and that's okay by me. But that doesn't take away how great a pattern this knife is. I've meant to get a second to carry, but alas.......:rolleyes:
qer6mW4.jpg
Michael, that is one sweet Seahorse. WOW!

Gary, youll love the Seahorse Whittler. ill try and take a pic of the two I have.

I have a week old Case Seahorse Whittler in Crimson bone, will take a picture when i'm home from work...
It looks great, not sure if the 2 smaller blades are very usefull, but i'm no 'whittler' so i really don't know.

Gary,
After reading this thread daily, I now have to have one, {Boy Thats Surprising} This is the one I'm trying to close the deal on………

I would love to have one if only they were made 3.5" closed. These are too big for me
Charlie two special ones.

Mike

Here is my Jade seahorse. I really like this knife but I don't carry it much.

Thanks Tom, but in all honesty the Crimson Bone covers you guys have make for a very appealing Whittler. It kinda gives it a vintage look which I really like. You guys did good!

She's arrived ;) the fit and finish seems very good, the edges needed to be tuned up, which is usually the Case, pun intended ;)

The main blade needed quite a bit of setting the edge bevel, but she's good to go now, have to work on the two smaller blades and then I'll get some photos up, but over all, really nice, and the main blade cuts well, even as thick as it is, of course she's quite sharp now. I don't think I'd be opening that blade the same way that Mike does in his videos, he might be able to, if he has very thick callouses otherwise, it may cause some damage to that thumb!

G2

Here we go again. A pattern I haven't really paid much attention to till now. I can see where this could be a useful pattern. The thick main seems sturdy.
I've already been window shopping:eek:

Well, I think that's a worthwhile endeavor :)

IMG_5017.jpg~original

IMG_5018.jpg~original

IMG_5021.jpg~original

IMG_5020.jpg~original

Very sleek knife,
G2

Back