Case Seahorse

Gary your pictures rock!

I couldn't decide on which covers I liked so I bought them both, one in Red Stag & one Autumn jigged bone

I think I need to up the dosage on my OCD Meds

Now that stars and stripes shield is super cool. I like the seahorse pattern but I don't whittle. I suppose I could carry one any how.............
my only one though ive been meaning to score another one, this is a 2003 i bought a new few years back, tiny hardware store had a case display had to blow the dust of the box:) love the pattern and yeas the main blade is thick at the spine
Gene
PS picture was when it was new, although cant seem to get myself to really carry it much need a plainer version lol
007t.jpg

anyone use this model for actual whittling/carving.

I have a HOCK, carving knife I like to use for this.............but would love to have a folder specifically for whittling.

guess i'll have to get caught up on the whittling threads on here.

Thanks guys and I think this would whittle just fine too, tried the smaller blades on a block of hard wood, cut great, handled nice.

The photos are just quick ones later on I'll get some nicer ones to post up, I think this might be a contender for a vertical sheath too, pivot down, should snap into place very securely.

G2

Nice looking Seahorse, Gary!
The handles resemble Red Winterbottom that Case used briefly many years ago!

Thanks guys, really liking this pattern, and Charlie, sure would like to stumble across that first one you posted, that sure is lovely!!!

G2

Great pics, great pattern, I have the Case in Jigged Blue bone with the arrowhead shield. I love the handle to blade ratio, it's a great Whittler/with knife, enjoy it Gary.

2145802049L.jpg

3.5" closed :D

i find this pattern is very attractive,but restraining force is still strong ;)

WOW thanks Rinos, I was under the impression they are 4", I had one few years ago and it was too big for me to carry.
I start the hunt :)
Mike

Gary

I don't carry a Traditional anymore apart from my SAK Farmer , but if I was to ever buy another I think these knives would be high on the list if I were ever start totin Traditional's again .
Beautiful knife :thumbup:
I have one favour to ask of you , please do make a sheath for it , the closed shape of the knife would result in a beautifully formed sheath .

Ken

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, I do plan on making a sheath, she's just a tad too long to fit into the watch pocket of my Carhartt pants so somethings gotta give. Used this today, folks at work really liked it, even non knife people. And they were surprised how pointy the main blade was and that it would push cut thin receipt paper easily, and of course shave hair cleanly, she be sharp!

Now it wasn't near as pointy to begin with, took a while and also had to hone down the spine of the main blade to help reshape the point, it was in dire need of some help.

Just used my Shapton stones and a leather strop, but still took a while to accomplish, even the smaller blades took some work but both of those are great cutters now, the pen knife almost has a recurve to it as they ground it just a bit too much.

Some Nano oil helped all three blades, they all operate smoothly now and none have blade play, very nice.

G2

Here's a few more shots of the folder, gotta be very careful setting it up! that coping blade about got me once or twice!

Seahorse_1.jpg~original

Seahorse_3.jpg~original

Seahorse_2.jpg~original

G2

I gotta stop peeking at this thread or I'm going to end up with one of these!

Great pics and posts everyone! :thumbup:

WOW thanks Rinos, I was under the impression they are 4", I had one few years ago and it was too big for me to carry.
I start the hunt :)
Mike

All of my Case Seahorse Whittlers are 4" closed.

Checking on Case pages all i found was 4" seahorse whittlers
but on couple web shops i found Case worm grove moss brown seahorse whittler listed 3.5" closed (1 of 1000),
perhaps their mistake :confused:

Lovely color on your specimen Garry :thumbup:

Checking on Case pages all i found was 4" seahorse whittlers
but on couple web shops i found Case worm grove moss brown seahorse whittler listed 3.5" closed (1 of 1000),
perhaps their mistake :confused::

Couldn't find any :grumpy: I guess it's a mistake

Back