Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I am amazed at the build quality and the nice lines these have. Really does feel like as close as one could get to a custom with going completely crazy with $$. I liked the look of the many GEC knives I have owned but none had the substantial feel of these or gave me much satisfaction in hand. Been thinning out some "tactical" folders to make room for a few of these as I never really bonded with the modern flipper style knife but have always felt at home with slippies.

While I bought mine to actually use and carry I have only gone so far as the "carry" aspect and in a "purse" as Tony would call it. How many of you guys actually use yours as an EDC knife rather than just as a safe queen or desk toy? A little hesitant to drop on into my pocket and put wear on it till I am comfortable with what will best suit my use.

Any favorites for urban EDC use? I am thinking a Whittler or Eureka as small enough for easy pocket carry with a useful set of blades. The Norfolk looks great but I hear it has really tough pulls.

Away from my work or at home I could see any of these being a great daily companion.

I think over the years in all I've owned at least 7 of the collab knives. I've edc'd and really used 3, all ebony. The others, all bone variants were just pocket jewlery. I'm down to only 2 multi blade traditionals that I carry during the work week in conjunction with my CRK inkosi. Both Case Bose collabs. I carry mine in a slip because for the most part it keeps the knife upright in my pocket and is easier to carry but does offer additional protection as well. Honestly these knives were built to be used. Mine have some wabi on the bolsters and have at least seen a stop a few times. I always use my knives as they are intended and don't beat on them. Great thing about Case Bose also is the warranty. If it gets booger'd up they will clean it up and make it look mint for you for only the cost of shipping one way. Once I deem a knife a keeper I get the most joy and appreciation out of it by actually using it. Not all make the cut but the ones that do actually get used to cut! ;)
20180722_120157.jpg

20180722_120217.jpg

20180722_120246.jpg

20180722_120606.jpg

20180722_120328.jpg

20180722_120352.jpg

20180722_120404.jpg

I feel the same. I only really enjoy them if I can use them but do need to be sure they are keepers before putting any use or wear on them in case they need to be resold. For that reason I almost always prefer to buy users already.
I like the leather slips as well as it seems they keep the knife more secure in my pocket and less likely to slip out (not that I have every lost one that way). Love the look of both the Eureka and the Cattle knife. I have a tribal and a Stockman with an Arkansas Hunter on the way. I like larger knives at home and in the yard but small for work. Thinking the Arkansas Hunter would make a good backpocket knife.

IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg
Did ccsavage ccsavage ever get his Case/Bose collab back from Case Repair?
Yes I got her back.. they sanded it, and apparently glued the covers on(no gaps) and straightened the Lockbar pivot pin. No more bladeplay either but they apparently just squeezed it because it lost most of the action and you can see the blade pin on both sides now.. it was still severely out of center as well. It's near perfect now. I did some more profiling and finishing on the covers, gave the frame a slight bend to center the blade and spent lots of time working the pivot to break it in..kinda a do it yourself project. The knife takes one hell of an edge and has become one of my favorites..

Last edited:
I carry my Pruner as much as possible. The shape of it when open is particularly arresting, like a scythe - hardly surprising I suppose given its horticultural origins. Obviously it works well in the garden trimming bushes, making sticks, harvesting veggies, taking cuttings and opening sacks of stuff. It also excels at cutting bigger fruits such as melons or even oranges that short blades struggle with. No stinking purses for me, I want the pocket-worn effect.:D:cool:

However, I do understand if people are cautious if they're not really sure about a knife and want to keep it A1 for a later sale/trade. But once you know it's the pattern for you, you know it and must use it;) This one is not going on any sale ;):D

TVYAKUt.jpg

WbPiWxB.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg

Yes I got her back.. they sanded it, and apparently glued the covers on(no gaps) and straightened the Lockbar pivot pin. No more bladeplay either but they apparently just squeezed it because it lost most of the action and you can see the blade pin on both sides now.. it was still severely out of center as well. It's near perfect now. I did some more profiling and finishing on the covers, gave the frame a slight bend to center the blade and spent lots of time working the pivot to break it in..kinda a do it yourself project. The knife takes one hell of an edge and has become one of my favorites..

That's looking real good. Very nice. Case Repair does a good job on most everything. Sometimes there's only so much they can do but it's been my experience that they do their best with what they've got. Keep us informed on how the knife holds up as you use it.

Back