Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I sure do miss my Dogleg! Gorgeous knife, congrats! Cattle Knife all the way my friend! ;)

TQFTPJV.jpg

These are just fantastic !

I'm bringing this over, also...

First impressions

- "It's a 75!" (Well, it's actually a TB 732018, but if you're familiar with the 75 pattern, you would ID it blindfolded).
- Little bit more heft (@4 1/8 oz) compared to a 1972 bone (3 7/8 oz) or a 2014 Delrin (3 3/4 oz)
- The ebony handles are beautiful with faint, thin streaks of brown. I tend to favor jet black ebony, but this is stunning in hand. I don't think my photography skills can do it justice.
- Shield and pins are flush
- Handles flush to bolsters and liners... a fingernail wouldn't pick up on the transition
- Springs are not flush to liners, but very, very close
- All blades open with ease, have prominent/deep nicks, stout half-stops and strong, loud open/close snap
- All blades are flush with springs at half-stop and fully open
- Not a hint of side-to-side or vertical blade play, nor seemingly a chance of blade rub
- The swedges on these collabs always knock my socks off... this one is no exception
- The clip blade is a long clip (I think that's the correct term) and it is glorious!
- Blades are 154-CM and the grinds/geomety are exceptional
- Clip's edge had a burr, nothing the strop couldn't handle. All 3 blades easily slice thru SMKW magazine page. Will need a little strop time to push cut.

I am thrilled with this knife. If they do one in Damascus, I'm gonna be poor(er).

I posted this over in the Let's see your Case knives thread, but belongs here, too...

Case XX USA T.B. 732018 Stockman
D2xaww6.jpg

jdydrr5.jpg

yE8byjj.jpg

cDX8IhX.jpg
Gorgeous Stockman Al! A little too big for my liking otherwise I'd have one but gorgeous nonetheless.

Thanks, Jason! Yup, it's a big one and is not gonna be for everyone. When I saw the pics from SHOT, I just about flipped out :D

Thanks, Jason! Yup, it's a big one and is not gonna be for everyone. When I saw the pics from SHOT, I just about flipped out :D
Awesome knife though! I think they call that clip blade a Turkish clip but don't quote me on that. I was wrong once before. :p

Some of the Bose/Case colabs are really nice. But for the price, you can get a real custom for many makers. I've seen some that just had too many flaws in them considering the price. I've also seen some that were spot on.

Some of the Bose/Case colabs are really nice. But for the price, you can get a real custom for many makers. I've seen some that just had too many flaws in them considering the price. I've also seen some that were spot on.

Regarding the price, that is probably true with some of the Case/Bose colabs but knives like the Lockback Whittler, Cattle Knife, and the knife that Al posted above would cost much more from the custom makers that I'm familiar with. But then, I'm not familiar with all of them.

Also, custom makers are not exempt from producing knives with flaws. Buying from a custom maker doesn't guarantee perfection either.

The Case Bose I've bought have all been $300-350 new. Good luck at getting a custom knife from a good maker at that price. At shows I've bought custom single blade slipjoints and lockbacks, they usually start at $400. I've rejected more makers and knives at that price point then I've ever found ones good enough to buy. Plus, a custom knife is still not a copy of a Tony Bose knife like the Case. He not only supplies the design and instruction, but also an assembled and unassembled knife to assure Case gets the pattern and knife right. Per GEC-Northwoods copies of Case-Bose products, I think the Case-Bose version is the best, if only for the premium steel and no sunken pins :)

I don't have any Case Bose collabs mostly due to the price and/or how the patterns speak to me. I do have enough customs in the same price range that I'm quite fond of. Maybe it's just your own expectations of what you want in a particular knife and its cost.
B brownshoe The point you make about Mr. Bose's involvement in the design and implementation is well taken. However from what I've been able to determine he willingly shares his knowledge and pattern designs with many makers who appear to make stunning knives with that knowledge.
It's a sliding scale of usability, quality, and materials from inexpensive up to the highest number most of us can comprehend. A Timex keeps great time yet luxury watches sell, same here. Buy 'em all!

TattooBlade TattooBlade Your not getting a custom multi-blade traditional pattern with stainless 154 cm blade steel, mill relieved liners, pivot bushings and level of finish for what a Case Bose cost! If there is a maker doing it that cheap please let me know, I want on his books! As far as single blade, well most of those from Case Bose can be had for under $300 and comparably speaking a knife with the same materials, the custom makers are getting more $$$ for those too! Let's say you do get a lemon of sorts. Case has outstanding warranty and will fix it up right, no questions asked and your still left owning a knife with exceptional build quality, the Bose name and outstanding value.

Last edited:
MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk I keep coming back to check out that Premium Stockman and damnit now I'm talking myself into a big knife.

With regard to Custom knives. Well, there's custom and custom, not all knives with the name custom are all that stellar....many are though. Seems pretty similar with these Collabs: some are outstanding, some rather disappointing...aint that just typical of knives:D:eek:

Back