Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Signalprick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    If you own the Cattle Knife and like to carry in a slip I can't recommend the Hitch & Timber Proper slip enough! It's a perfect marriage of leather, steel and functionality. I like to be able to draw my knife easily from the slip. Such a great EDC combo!
    20180710_113900.jpg

20180710_113328.jpg

Murphjd25, Aryan29, VashHash and 6 others like this.
  2. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    Seeing and resisting the new GEC #44 has renewed my deep desire and wishes that Mr. Bose and Case do a 2 blade Gunstock for the 2019 collab. One can dream right!?!?

3. navaja

navaja Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2005
    I wish they'd make a 92 pattern Texas Jack collaboration, maybe with the smaller blade being a wharncliffe instead of a pen blade. That would be perfection. I'd want it to have the simple diamond shield like the cattle knife too.

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  4. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    Nearest I can tell the collabs are working patterns that Tony already makes? I don't think he makes anything like what GEC does with the #92? Here is his rendition of the gunstock pattern. Pic belongs to @KnifeHead from the Tony Bose thread.
    tbose-325NKMGunstock-5.jpeg

5. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Jason, I think navaja was referring to the Case 92 pattern which is the Texas Jack but you're right. Tony wouldn't duplicate an already existing Case pattern as far as I know.

6. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    I see. My mistake. As far as not duplicating, yea, I remember coming across a comment or something where Case turned down a sow belly pattern for the yearly collaboration knife because they already have it in their lineup.

7. Jfowler

Jfowler Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2016
    I think both the Texas jack or the gunstock pattern would be awesome!

navaja likes this.
  8. gmarthur

gmarthur

Mar 5, 2007
    navaja likes this.
  9. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    One of my favorites!

navaja and Icky Thump like this.
  10. navaja

Sep 1, 2005
    Exactly, the Case 6292.

The Premium Stockman is essentially Tony's spin on a 6375, just like his spin on the Slimline trapper collaboration, the Wharncliffe Trapper collaboration(isnt Case still making their version of both of those in regular production?), and the 6292 hasn't been in production for a while now. What better way to bring it back than as a Bose collaboration, right?

I'd also love to see a copperhead 6249 collaboration with a large clip and small wharncliffe.

MerryMadMonk and Railsplitter like this.
  11. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    Very nice @gmarthur! The Norfolk seems to be one of the collabs that is gaining value. I missed a couple opportunities to get one at a good price a few times and I regret it.

navaja likes this.
  12. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Good info, navaja.:thumbsup: I didn't realize that Tony had so closely duplicated those patterns.

navaja likes this.
  13. navaja

Sep 1, 2005
    I've been abnormally broke ever since @Sketch32 has decided to sell off his Case Bose collection at incredible prices, Norfolk whittlers included. He still has a bunch left at closeout prices if you're looking.

I forgot about the Muskrat collaboration as well, specifically the Case Hawbaker Muskrat with a Wharncliffe secondary blade.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    If Sketch32 doesn't stop pretty soon I'm gonna be living in a van down by the river...

Railsplitter and navaja like this.
  15. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I’ll see ya there! F6854853-95CD-4CBC-B201-940B1835C93E.jpeg

Murphjd25, Aryan29, Cutfinger and 8 others like this.
  16. navaja

Sep 1, 2005
    I hope to own a cattle knife soon. Such an awesome pattern

17. navaja

Sep 1, 2005
    Jfowler, Signalprick and JohnDF like this.
  18. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
  19. navaja

Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  20. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I'll save ya a spot. It's nice here this time of year.

Cutfinger and Fodderwing like this.