Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I have been enamored with the Eureka Jack lately. Such an interesting pattern. I saw pictures of a Chad Nicholas damascus version, just WOW!

I have been enamored with the Eureka Jack lately. Such an interesting pattern. I saw pictures of a Chad Nicholas damascus version, just WOW!
I agree, I've been looking at them for a little while & finally decided to pull the trigger on an ebony version recently. Absolutely worth it, it's been a fantastic carry 😉

The Eureka Jack is a nice every day carry knife. It has two very useful blades, and rides really well in your pocket. You hardly know it's there.
View attachment 2434665
Seems extremely sturdy, useful and a perfect carry knife. I really like bone, I appreciate how it feels and wears over time, but I’ve busted a couple covers and I think I’d be totally devastated if I dropped it. Ebony seems pretty durable and for a clutz like me.
I agree, I've been looking at them for a little while & finally decided to pull the trigger on an ebony version recently. Absolutely worth it, it's been a fantastic carry 😉
Oh man, congrats. I think I am too worried about getting one with F&F issues. I think it would drive me nuts, which probably means I am not ready to buy such an expensive knife.

Seems extremely sturdy, useful and a perfect carry knife. I really like bone, I appreciate how it feels and wears over time, but I’ve busted a couple covers and I think I’d be totally devastated if I dropped it. Ebony seems pretty durable and for a clutz like me.
I was pretty careful with mine at first, because I didn't want to damage the ebony. Then it got it's first ding, (You can see it above the shield) and after that I just used it. I wipe down the wooden handles on my knives with mineral oil occasionally, but other than that, they don't get any special attention.

I like the eureka jack a lot as well and find It ends up in my pocket a lot more than any of the others. The secondary blade is extremely versatile.

Last edited:
The EJ is my knife of the year. It and the Lanny's Clip have been dominating pocket time since arriving, with an edge to the EJ. Love the spear and the medium-sized Wharncliffe, very useful. Never thought I'd spend that kind of money on a pocket knife, glad I did.

Have been on the hunt for an Arkansas Hunter for a while. You don't seem to see these much, so I'm pretty excited to have found this one. From what I have been able to find, it seems that the Arkansas Hunter is Tony Bose's recreation of an Empire Knife Co. pattern from the turn of the last century. Love the unique bolsters and the overall shape of this pattern. The ergonomics of the handle are fantastic -- very comfortable in the hand.

y3omvOe.jpg

4MZo3x1.jpg

VNBTYGZ.jpg

Finally got a Norfolk! I wasn’t initially too keen on it just by pictures but boy was I wrong, this fits so good in the hand and it’s quickly becoming one of my all time favorites, the small clip point is a nice change to your typical pen blade and the main wharncliffe is useful as always, I especially like how the blades sit flush against the frame at the bolsters when folded. Such a smooth design it’s like having a polished river pebble in your hand. HUMPBACK!! The secondary blade pull is fine, I understand it can be a beast but not on this used example.View attachment 2464871

Last edited:
Have been on the hunt for an Arkansas Hunter for a while. You don't seem to see these much, so I'm pretty excited to have found this one. From what I have been able to find, it seems that the Arkansas Hunter is Tony Bose's recreation of an Empire Knife Co. pattern from the turn of the last century. Love the unique bolsters and the overall shape of this pattern. The ergonomics of the handle are fantastic -- very comfortable in the hand.

y3omvOe.jpg

4MZo3x1.jpg

VNBTYGZ.jpg
Handsome bone on that and a good example of how TB tried to seek out more obscure patterns in his choice of Collaboration.

Thanks, Will

All together now, still looking for a few of the patterns I’m missing that I would like but that I think will be difficult to find. Would be fun to try and get them all maybe. Especially in covers I don’t have shown here. Not sure if mother of pearl was a common one but have seen it come up once or twice. If so then I think I’m just missing abalone and mother of pearl examples.
View attachment 2465158

Last edited:
How rare is the pruner? I’ve been trying to keep an eye out for one but I’m guessing it’s basically a unicorn.

Back