• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Caution dealing with member Knives&More

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
PSA:

Take caution when dealing with member K Knives&More as you might receive a knife labeled as "NIB" or "LNIB" which he has potentially disassembled without telling you. I think I dodged a bullet last night when I noticed some missing screws in this Bugout, and backed out of the sale (he pulled the Bugout from the ad):

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/benchmade-940-2-osborne.1597063/#post-18241741

I realize he has good feedback, but might that have changed if his buyers knew he was taking the knives apart before selling, and not telling them he had done so?

This is 100% false. He is presenting part of the story and doesn't know the rest. If it says NIB, it means I have only handled the knife to take pictures to resale. I had it as LNIB as I removed the screws to oil the pivot and clean inside the knife. It was never used other than that, thus, I marked it LNIB. The knife has never been used to cut, pry, etc. That is it. This is nothing but defamation, which is a criminal offense.

This is 100% false. He is presenting part of the story and doesn't know the rest. If it says NIB, it means I have only handled the knife to take pictures to resale. I had it as LNIB as I removed the screws to oil the pivot and blade. It was never used other than that, thus, I marked it LNIB. That is it. This is nothing but defamation.

Edited quote:

This is 100% false. He is presenting part of the story and doesn't know the rest. If it says NIB, it means I have only handled the knife to take pictures to resale. I had it as LNIB as I removed the screws to oil the pivot and clean inside the knife. It was never used other than that, thus, I marked it LNIB. The knife has never been used to cut, pry, etc. That is it. This is nothing but defamation, which is a criminal offense.

Part of the story? The thread is there, plain as day, for all to see, and I linked it. No behind-the-scenes messages or e-mails were exchanged. So how is that just "part of the story?"

Why would you need to remove the handle scale to oil the pivot on a basically new knife? o_O. It's even an open-back design, really no need to take a scale off for routine maintenance, certainly none if you haven't used the knife. :rolleyes:

Or did you actually USE the knife, and had to disassemble it to clean it and hide that fact too? :eek: Have you done this on all the knives you've sold here? Serious question...

Last edited:
Part of the story? The thread is there, plain as day, for all to see, and I linked it. No behind-the-scenes messages or e-mails were exchanged. So how is that just "part of the story?"

Why would you need to remove the handle scale to oil the pivot on a basically new knife? o_O. It's even an open-back design, really no need to take a scale off for routine maintenance, certainly none if you haven't used the knife. :rolleyes:

Or did you actually USE the knife, and had to disassemble it to clean it and hide that fact too? :eek:
You are proving my point. You are accusing people of stuff with absolutely no evidence. That's what I am referring to as with part of the story. You are adding in tidbits to your story to make your story more plausible. I have 100% feedback for a reason. I would never lie to someone. I am in law enforcement and have great ethics. Do you want me to send you the knife and allow you to return it? Shipping on me both ways. You will 100% see you are wrong in accusing me.

As soon as you notified me of my mistake, I immediately removed the knife from the forum. Yet, you're trying to misrepresent me as a bad person and defaming me. That is not right. Nothing I will say nor do will change anyones mind.

You are proving my point. You are accusing people of stuff with absolutely no evidence. That's what I am referring to as with part of the story. You are adding in tidbits to your story to make your story more plausible. I have 100% feedback for a reason. I would never lie to someone. I am in law enforcement and have great ethics. Do you want me to send you the knife and allow you to return it? Shipping on me both ways. You will 100% see you are wrong in accusing me.

I am not accusing you of anything, or adding any "tidbits". You said you took the scale off of the knife, yes? What I am doing here is making sure members who may deal with you in the future know that you think that's OK to do, possibly voiding the warranty, and then list the knife as LNIB. I am also asking you if you've done this with every knife you've sold here?

You're an LEO eh? Your profile says you're 18 years old. Which one is a lie? ;)

I think LNIB is more like, you've used a new knife to cut paper or string as a test, maybe carried the knife but barely used it.

I think any sort of disassembling must be considered Used (my opinion), but you should make note of it and the buyer can make their decision based on that.

As soon as you notified me of my mistake, I immediately removed the knife from the forum. Yet, you're trying to misrepresent me as a bad person and defaming me. That is not right. Nothing I will say nor do will change anyones mind.

And our members here can decide for themselves if they would prefer to deal with you or not.

I think LNIB is more like, you've used a new knife to cut paper or string as a test, maybe carried the knife but barely used it.

I think any sort of disassembling must be considered Used (my opinion), but you should make note of it and the buyer can make their decision based on that.

Thank you! I will ensure to mark it as such from now on. However, it was not made clear to me. The knife was never used to cut anything, never ever carried. I do have a question though. Why is taking off the scales and cleaning inside any different than actually using/carrying the knife? Thanks!

And our members here can decide for themselves if they would prefer to deal with you or not.
That is fine with me. Thanks. I just think that accusing me of something is wrong. I immediately removed the post as soon as you brought up the complaint. I have ZERO intent of screwing anyone over. If it was marked NBIB, NEW, or BRAND NEW I never touched the knife except to post pictures. I swear on my life and family's that I am a trustworthy, ethical person that would never deceive anyone.

Thank you! I will ensure to mark it as such from now on. However, it was not made clear to me. The knife was never used to cut anything, never ever carried.

But you took it apart, even if only partially. That's what you're not understanding, and why I started this thread. Disassembled is not LNIB, it's used. Just state that fact, and as is well.

That is fine with me. Thanks. I just think that accusing me of something is wrong. I immediately removed the post as soon as you brought up the complaint. I have ZERO intent of screwing anyone over. If it was marked NBIB, NEW, or BRAND NEW I never touched the knife except to post pictures. I swear on my life and family's that I am a trustworthy, ethical person that would never deceive anyone.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out that what you're selling isn't LNIB if you took the handle scale off. Getting defensive about this makes you seem like you might be hiding something further (this wouldn't be the first time we've seen that happen here), and claiming to be a LEO at 18 years old only added to my suspicion.

But you took it apart, even if only partially. That's what you're not understanding, and why I started this thread. Disassembled is not LNIB, it's used. Just state that fact, and as is well.
I brought this up to Lieferung in that why can a knife be marked LNIB if it was actually carried and used to cut a few things but if I take apart a new knife that I bought from Knifecenter that I decided I didn't want and sat in a box deemed used? Shouldn't the same rules apply?

Last edited:
Again, I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out that what you're selling isn't LNIB if you took the handle scale off. Getting defensive about this makes you seem like you might be hiding something further (this wouldn't be the first time we've seen that happen here), and claiming to be a LEO at 18 years old only added to my suspicion.
You are 100% accusing me of something as you are speculating I am doing stuff to knifes and attempting to screw people over. Getting defensive is a natural reaction to someone blaming another. So, don't really no a way to react to someone claiming things against me.

I brought this up to Lieferung in that why can a knife be marked LNIB if it was actually carried and used to cut a few things but if I take apart a new knife that I bought from Knifecenter that I decided I didn't want and sat in a box deemed used?

There has been a LOT of debate of late as to what constitutes LNIB. I personally think that term should go away and not be used, as a LOT of folks use it to disguise use. If it was used to cut anything, diassembled, etc. it is USED. Period. Just state that, describe the usage, and let the potential buyers decide.

You are 100% accusing me of something as you are speculating I am doing stuff to knifes and attempting to screw people over. Getting defensive is a natural reaction to someone blaming another. So, don't really no a way to react to someone claiming things against me.

I am not accusing nor speculating. Accusing you of something would be stating it as fact (as with the Bugout). Speculating is openly wondering if something has been done. I am doing neither, but I AM asking you if you have done this before, with other knives you have sold here?

I am also now asking you whether you are in fact a LEO, or if you are 18 years old? Neither? Both???

Absolutely. Sounds like you have more of an issue with the use of LNIB than you do with me. I have never disassembled a knife other than the Benchmade Bugout we are referring to. I didn't disassembly anything else. Do you want any proof of my certification?

Absolutely. Sounds like you have more of an issue with the use of LNIB than you do with me. I have never disassembled a knife other than the Benchmade Bugout we are referring to. I didn't disassembly anything else. Do you want any proof of anything I say? This is getting ridiculous.

Thank you for answering some of my questions. I don't require proof, but I do hope the answers are true. Yes, I have issue with the term LNIB, and think we should disallow its use here, but I digress.

I would still like you to tell us whether you are in fact a LEO, and if you are 18 years old?

Thank you for answering some of my questions. I don't require proof, but I do hope the answers are true. Yes, I have issue with the term LNIB, and think we should disallow its use here, but I digress.

I would still like you to tell us whether you are in fact a LEO, and if you are 18 years old?
Relax! It's just best to move on. No need for parties to get upset. I request both parties to move on and drop this.

Relax! It's just best to move on. No need for parties to get upset. I request both parties to move on and drop this.

No need for me to relax, I'm already relaxed. ;) I would still like him to answer the questions from the last line of my previous post. Speaks to his character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back