Changing times! Updated CRK Lead Times

Makes me glad I doubled up on a few models of CRKs a while back. While they’re not in magnacut, they might serve to scratch the itch for some prospective Umnum, inkosi and sebenza owners. I’m sure they’ve got a good stock of S45 and magnacut to keep dealers semi- stocked for awhile…in fact that could be why the long lead times for individual orders: all production will be filling dealer demand.

Luckily I walked in to owning a s45 zaan last night.. sometimes they just appear. But seeing the 6 year lead times today really hit me like a 10 ton brick

Last edited:
Curious to hear the reasoning behind the massive time extension to complete direct orders. You would think it would decrease with the factory expanding.

Last edited:
Curious to hear the reasoning behind the massive time extension to complete direct orders. You would think it would decrease with the factory expanding.
Perhaps they want to discourage direct sales and drive potential customers to the various retailers?

I don't know if this is true but I heard that they are expanding production space. Probably also have some supply chain issues, so want to set expectations low.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet those lead times come back down. Might be totally wrong and they might get worse. But I've seen what a company goes through when they double their production space, and IF CRK is in fact doing that, then they've got hiring and training and workflow re-designing to do that will take a while. Once the company I'm referencing got it's bearings, it entered an essentially new retail space.

Good god.. They're on Randall time now.

Edit: Spelling.
In 2016 when my son graduated from high school, I had to order a Randall made fixed blade knife for my son’s college graduation present. It was ready three years and 10 months later, two months before he graduated from college.

PS: I also gave him a birth-year Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch for this graduation.

Last edited:
In 2016 when my son graduated from high school, I had to order a Randall made fixed played knife for my son’s college graduation present. It was ready three years and 10 months later, two months before he graduated from college.

PS: I also gave him a birth-year Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch for this graduation.
Hell yeah man, he's got an awesome dad! There's nothing more gratifying than ordering something, waiting any number of years, and then finally receiving it 🤙

Hell yeah man, he's got an awesome dad! There's nothing more gratifying than ordering something, waiting any number of years, and then finally receiving it 🤙
Thanks, I appreciate that. Somethings are worth the wait, it’s fun to see someone’s face light up when I get a special gift. I didn’t notice the auto correct changed blade to played until I saw you quote my post 🙃

Thanks, I appreciate that. Somethings are worth the wait, it’s fun to see someone’s face light up when I get a special gift. I didn’t notice the auto correct changed blade to played until I saw you quote my post 🙃
Haha. Yea, I've honestly never waited to long on an order or a preorder, I just never know where I'll be in my life years from now. However I definitely appreciate the determination. I was considering ordering a magnacut insingo direct recently, but now it's just too far out of reach in my head. Still though, I see plenty of CRK's all the time that you can buy that day, so that's good.

In 2016 when my son graduated from high school, I had to order a Randall made fixed blade knife for my son’s college graduation present. It was ready three years and 10 months later, two months before he graduated from college.

Awesome combination, coming from a fellow speedy owner. Do you feel there was enough maturity to truly understand the significance behind the watch?

That's fantastic. Well done.

Haha. Yea, I've honestly never waited to long on an order or a preorder, I just never know where I'll be in my life years from now. However I definitely appreciate the determination. I was considering ordering a magnacut insingo direct recently, but now it's just too far out of reach in my head. Still though, I see plenty of CRK's all the time that you can buy that day, so that's good.

I really love my small Sebeza 31 with black micarta inserts, and I love my small Inkosi with tanto blade, so I wanted something that was a combination of the two knives in one.

So my recent order was for a small Sebenza 31 with tanto blade and black micarta inlay, but I added the double-sided thumb stud with glass bead blasted finish, and a gray and silver bead adorned lanyard to match the titanium. That’s what I’ll get in Magnacut in 4-6 years.

I have a large Sebenza 31 with tan micarta scales to give my son for his 25th birthday next January, with an identical knife for myself that I’ve kept both hidden so that their existence remains a surprise.

image.jpg

Awesome combination, coming from a fellow speedy owner. Do you feel there was enough maturity to truly understand the significance behind the watch?

Yes, I do. For is 18th birthday I gave him a Bond quartz Seamaster Pro from his birth year (plus an ADCOR gas piston AR-15), and for his high school graduation I gave him a Speedmaster X-33. He took care of everything and cherished them, so he got a mechanical Speedmaster Moonwatch and a SIG P-365 after college (he got he CCW permit too). Everything else of high value that he owns like his stereo, TV, computer, car he’s paid for himself.

I did make a poor choice on the Randall made graduation knife, and he preferred my small Randall Bowie instead of the hunter, so we traded.

That's fantastic. Well done.

Thanks 😊

I placed an order 7/1/22. I wonder where that puts me, lol.

Truth be told, I don't expect a 6 year wait. In memory, CRK direct though is always ridiculously-long compared to watching dealers. They really do seem to work with dealers which is kind of cool. I like the dealer model.

Wow 6 years for a zaan! I am waiting for my turn for an order placed earlier this year, maybe some people ahead of me will decide to move out of the way:)

Honestly, Im happy for them. Ill probably be into knives the rest of my life to some degree. Im glad CRK is doing well so they will be around for many years to come.

I saw an Insingo with Magnacut come in stock and sell out almost immediately today. So dealers are still getting regular deliveries.

The Randall direct order is 5 yrs + , and even if CRK says 6 yrs, there are literally hundreds out there for sale EVERY DAY! No excuse for an empty pocket!

Back