cheap knife to buy under 15$?

My personal preference would be the Kershaw Nerve. At $15 on Amazon, it is a great value knife. Highly recommended .. check out the reviews.

th

Thank you for a suggestion that falls within the budget! This is how it should be.. Imagine a Sebenza fanboy telling everyone who wanted suggestions for a sub $400 folder to save up and get a CRK because that's what he thinks is good. It pompous and has no place on a site. The moderators should ban these people for tarnishing the spirit of this site. If a guy has a budget that he can't go over then either make a recommendation that he can afford or keep your mouth shut and don't respond. Bob W hit the nail on the head.. I love that guy for the car analogy too. Its so true. I guess we have to keep these guys around to stir up controversy. Otherwise there is no drama and the site is less interesting. Either way I am happy to see many others on my side speaking out against these guys. you too Dr. Wong :D!! Thanks!

Thank you for a suggestion that falls within the budget! This is how it should be.. Imagine a Sebenza fanboy telling everyone who wanted suggestions for a sub $400 folder to save up and get a CRK because that's what he thinks is good. It pompous and has no place on a site. The moderators should ban these people for tarnishing the spirit of this site. If a guy has a budget that he can't go over then either make a recommendation that he can afford or keep your mouth shut and don't respond. Bob W hit the nail on the head.. I love that guy for the car analogy too. Its so true. I guess we have to keep these guys around to stir up controversy. Otherwise there is no drama and the site is less interesting. Either way I am happy to see many others on my side speaking out against these guys. you too Dr. Wong :D!! Thanks!
I hope you aren't going to show up in every single budget oriented recommendation thread acting like this.

OP,

If you decided to save up another $10-$15 bucks for something you like more, now would be a GREAT time to share, LOL!! :D

Actually though, if I had a glock (and bawlz) to my head and could only have one knife and it had to be $15 or less, I'd probably have my 14" Tramontina or for a folder the Svord Peasant.

Yea I guess there will always be guys who refuse to give recommendations that will be helpful to the OP and others? From now on I'll bite the bullet because I don't have the energy to speak out against everyone. It's just crazy to me. I'm pretty much on this site to help others.. I have never posted questions or requests, but I do have the ability to make good suggestions to those who are looking into blades and tools and I always answer in a way that will actually help the OP. In a similar situation, My friend needed transportation and only had $5k to spend. He really needed help so I searched the classifieds and I found him a Jeep Cherokee with an inline 6 that will last him for years to come. I personally prefer pricier vehicles like my Excursion 7.3 Diesel, but I could never imagine refusing to help him because he had a limited budget. Its just un-American to me.. Anyway I am done. Best of luck to you all.

OP,

If you decided to save up another $10-$15 bucks for something you like more, now would be a GREAT time to share, LOL!! :D

Actually though, if I had a glock (and bawlz) to my head and could only have one knife and it had to be $15 or less, I'd probably have my 14" Tramontina or for a folder the Svord Peasant.

Haha.. Classic

Probably not what the OP had in mind, but this was only $5 at a yard sale. Authentic mother of pearl, made in the USA, vintage build quality (excellent), and genuine carbon steel. The MOP really is spectacular in the sunlight.

DSC_4047_zps23337c63.jpg

Also picked up a nice little Victorinox Pocket Pal for $5 closeout at the hardware store once.

So for fifteen dollars I got two great knives and still had five dollars left over. :cool:

My point, two of them: If you're on a tight budget, you need an open mind and realistic expectations. And, your $15 will go further if you shop around and look for sale prices.

I feel your pain brother, facing the same issues... but hope because of me, you will be un-done and stay in this forum.

Yea I guess there will always be guys who refuse to give recommendations that will be helpful to the OP and others? From now on I'll bite the bullet because I don't have the energy to speak out against everyone. It's just crazy to me. I'm pretty much on this site to help others.. I have never posted questions or requests, but I do have the ability to make good suggestions to those who are looking into blades and tools and I always answer in a way that will actually help the OP. In a similar situation, My friend needed transportation and only had $5k to spend. He really needed help so I searched the classifieds and I found him a Jeep Cherokee with an inline 6 that will last him for years to come. I personally prefer pricier vehicles like my Excursion 7.3 Diesel, but I could never imagine refusing to help him because he had a limited budget. Its just un-American to me.. Anyway I am done. Best of luck to you all.

Although I enjoy my higher-end knives, I like budget knives and carry them frequently, especially when I anticipate loss or damage (i.e. bumming around Central America on the weekends).

In the $15-ish range, I've been particularly impressed with the Ka-Bar Dozier, Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, and the Kershaw Oso Sweet. Although I have not handled most of them, the budget Kershaws look good too.

Last edited:

Klutz

Gold Member
Higo no Kami from Japan. Steel handled ones are under $15.00 on Amazon. Freaking razor blades they are.
image_zps813d57af.jpg

Last edited:
One knife to consider (for just a few dollars more) would be the Spyderco/Byrd Gen 2 Cara-Cara. They sell them in canada for about $24 so likely you can get them in the USA for under $20.00. I also have a kabar Dozier knife which is a nice little knife for the money.

midnight flyer

Basic Member
sanrenmu 7056lup-sk....cryo look alike

Well... it does favor the Cryo and it might be a pretty good knife. But it is made differently, the Sanrenmu doesn't have the same opening mechanism ("Speedsafe"), had one less pillar (probably because it doesn't have the Speedsafe), isn't drilled for four way carry, and the Sanrenmu is about a full ounce different in weight.

At first glance though, it does resemble the Cryo. But the Cryo resembles about 50 other Pacific Rim cousins in its class. Oh yeah... the Cryo isn't a $15 knife, either!

Robert

Kabar dozier folding hunter. Got mine for that price at a hard ware store. And buck bucklite max series, got the medium for the same ish price. And the large for a little more. All under $20. A knife