Christmas Gift Exchange

Got everything I need to draw names. I'll send emails to everyone this evening with your recipient's information.

Last edited:
Sent, would it be a good idea to get some idea of things the recipients like to help make it more fun? Besides the knives of course!! :D

Simplejack Simplejack send me an email with your info and I'll draw names this evening after work. If anyone else wants in send me an email TODAY willc24426 at yahoo

I am here sorry i work alot, just walked in the door ill send the email before bed, team me up with someone in the mean time

I like smaller fixed blades *cough* bluegill/potawatomi *cough*, most spydercos, other modern folders, something good for chicago carry (around 2.5 in blade), and things in "once great" steels like ATS-34, CPM154, VG-10, 52100, etc. And axes.

Last edited:
Email sent. Better post some gift idea's yall
I got an email stating "I'm in" but it did not include forum name, real name, or mailing address. I'm set to draw names once I have that information. Work today might allow time to draw and send emails but it will most likely be this evening. Hope everyone is ready to get their Santa on!

Email sent. Better post some gift idea's yall
I think I'm easy to buy for but my wife may not agree. I like vintage hatchets and made in the USA knives. I'm also a gearaholic for keychain/edc type tools and misc. If my screen name doesn't tell you I am a fisherman and I enjoy all types of fishing from ultralight tenkara on small mountain streams to tossing a fish head into the ocean when fastened to 6-8 oz of lead. I'm not in it for the gifts I'm in it to make someone else say wow.

I like USA made traditional folders, AA or AAA flashlights, Spyderco knives, and for some reason, tactical pens.

If you haven't received an email from me please let me know. There are 13 of us in the exchange. I randomly assigned a number to each participant then using a proven scientific method(deck of cards and my wife's assistance) selected names. The person you are sending a gift to may or may not be the same person sending you a gift. In the past I believe we put a $50 limit on purchased gifts with handmade and previously owned items being acceptable.

Last edited:
Thanks. I like bird and trout or small handy fixed blades, small animal figurines like bears, eagles, deers, wolves, or etc, like made from ironwood or some nice material that looks cool on a shelf, foreign coins, leather money clip with a place for cards., or anything Civil War history.

Those are just a few ideas, but I would be happy with anything someone put some thought into. I am doing this to have fun and just the joy of finding something neat to give someone, bring a smile so they say, "that's cool." We have gotten away from big gifts for Christmas, but always finding stocking stuffers and small gifts are a great way to have fun without going overboard. Spending time with family, maybe it is an appeal to simpler times.

One story I have to share, when I was younger, my father who grew up in the 40's, gave me an orange in my stocking, and I was a little perplexed, so I asked him why the orange? He told me that when he was a boy, to get a piece of fruit in the winter time was a big thing, even if they had refrigeration then, and a rare occurrence. So now I think about that when I give out stocking stuffers, there may be an interesting tale or reason behind it. Had to share, sorry for going on. Is it okay if others share their past Christmas stories or memories in another thread?

Last edited:
Great story about your father. As a family group we have made an effort to cut back on spending for Christmas and focus more on sharing time together. It seems to be working well according to everyone.

I've started doing my homework(stalking my target's posts) and have a couple gift ideas for my JK gift already.

Generally Connie and I don’t exchange gifts, it’s a tight time of year for us. We spend the money on the grandkids instead.
Christmas is not the happiest time for me, my mom passed away on Christmas Eve when I was 15.

I like gold bullion/coins, diamonds (the bigger the better), fast cars (the faster the better),unicorns and gas station knives (the gaudier the better).
Kidding about the last three.;)

And thank you for getting this started this year fishiker.

Back