Christmas gift swap!!! LAST DAY TO JUMP IN!!

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
What do ya'll think about a gift exchange for Christmas? We can see who is interested and I will come up with who is giving to who. We can maybe put a price limit on it so we can keep them close to equal value. Used items are fine, I know I don't care if my gear, knives, etc are used as long as they aren't abused. Nothing expensive and you can't go out and buy something for it. It has to be something you currently own or make yourself. What ya think? Im thinking we should keep it gear, knife, gun, outdoors related but we can do other things as well if you want. If anyone wants to do it just post it and lets try to set a date of December 1st for name swapping so there will be enough time to ship out with the Holidays. I already know what I will be giving!
KFU
Just1mor
1066vik
Essublime
Gnarly
MykelM
Alan2442
RKMoore
Ac700Wildcat
SilentlySolaced
Bakerg2g
Mudbug007
KyTurkey
Stumpbuster
Blademinister
Mountain Wildman
Tackett

Last edited:
Chris, count the southwest corner of Ohio in as well . . . . . great idea, should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with . . . . :D
Be safe.

Cool idea Chris,I'm in,but we need to set the specifics.
I've got plenty of coal sitting around,hope thats not too expensive.:D
Just kidding guys.
I like the, what we have on hand idea too,no financial loss for anyone.

Ok, specifics. Its kind of hard to set price points on used items but lets figure something around 50.00. Does that sound good? Gear items only like packs, knives, flashlights, etc. I know the thing Ill be giving is worth a little more than that but who cares. If you have something up to 100.00 and want to gift it than by all means do so. Once we get closer I will ask for everyones address and than will let you know where to send your item. Ill assign everyone a number and let my kids draw. Hopefully we can get about 20 people in on it and if it comes out an odd number than Ill throw in an extra item.

Chris, great idea. Why not take everyone's "I'm in" post and use that number ??? Already selected & I bet the rug rats would love to be included with "dad's secret project" . . . :)
No computer generated random number selector this time, old school tupperware bowl, numbers on paper, & one little itty bitty hand drawing them out with some pics posted to boot . . . . And I have first dibs on post #3, owe that guy a "favor" for calling my wife a "Gorilla" last year, long story . . . . . :D :D :D
Be safe.

Mykel - coal would be an awesome gift, but pricey to ship... :(
back when I had a forge my mom threatened me with coal for the holidaze one year -- and got MAD at me when I thought that was a wonderful idea. :)

Bill -- if by some chance you end up with my "number" I'll gladly take whatever you dish out. :D

I'm in. This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I think I've already got something picked out :D!!

Mykel - coal would be an awesome gift, but pricey to ship... :(
back when I had a forge my mom threatened me with coal for the holidaze one year -- and got MAD at me when I thought that was a wonderful idea. :)

Bill -- if by some chance you end up with my "number" I'll gladly take whatever you dish out. :D
Well I was thinking just one lump.;)

I've got a few items in mind I could gift that fit those categories.
Would offering our giftee a choice be out of line?
Spoils the surprise,but the anticipation would still be there.
I just hate the idea if someone not liking my gift ya know.:eek:
What do y'all think?

Alright, thats eight in. Anybody else????????

Less than a month left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have gotten some emails with what some are giving away. There are some really great things that are worth way more than 50.00. Anyone else want in?

I'm in. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I will be gifting. I havent been hanging around here very long, but it seems like a pretty good group that hangs out here, so I think it would be great to join in on this

That makes nine, good to have you around AC. Need at least one more!

. . . maybe someone could run out to BA's tree stand & wake him up to see if he wants to partake of the festivities . . . . :D :D
Be safe.

Bill, Bill doesn't have anthing to give away, he sells it as soon as he gets it. :)

Back