CKE Nessmuk Passaround

blade is all packed up and is heading out tomorrow. Sorry for taking me so long,but work has been a bitch this week.

I'll post tracking info tomorrow when I mail.

thanks!
Brett

I got this in the mail last night along with my electricity but don't have internet yet, sorry for not posting earlier but scrolling through the pages on my cellphone gets to me.

I'll get some use in and let you know how it goes. From messing with it last night it seems to be like a cool little user.

I got this in the mail last night along with my electricity but don't have internet yet, sorry for not posting earlier but scrolling through the pages on my cellphone gets to me.

I'll get some use in and let you know how it goes. From messing with it last night it seems to be like a cool little user.

good deal. Thanks for checking in Blake.

Take care!
Brett

Bumping this to the top

I'm really digging this knife. Sorry about not posting more about it but the only internet is at work(I have to be sneaky). I plan to use it in the kitchen tonight so I should have a few snazzy pics in my review.

Just sent you the list....please email and let me know if you got it.

Thanks

Craig

Hey fellas. I recieved the knife about an hour ago. It came sharp, but not hair popping sharp. Can still curl paper really well though. I would say it has a great working edge. I am pretty sure I can bring it to hair popping sharp with some light stropping when I get home from work. It shows some use, so I polished her up a bit. She's pretty now and I can even make out the temper line.

So far I am enjoying the knife. I like the blade shape and it balances nicely. The handle is a lil thin, but comfortable. I like the small size of the knife, I can really get total control of the blade.

The Kydex sheath is very well done, holds the knife extremely snug.

Nice job on the baldric rig as well. I really wouldn't use it for this size knife, but nice none the less.

I am off tomorrow and will give it some use and snap some pics. I will have pics up by tomorrow night and have the knife off to the next lucky guy by Saturday.

Craig thanks letting me play, and can I have the next addy?

Thanks for the little review. Look forward to the pics. I will get the addy to you later tonight, just on my way out the door.

Craig

Allright here are some pics.

The thin edge makes fuzz sticks easy to do.
sale017.jpg

sale018.jpg

The size of the knife gives you alot of control.
sale019.jpg

Alot of leverage for push cuts while knotching.
sale022.jpg

sale015.jpg

This little guy likes the knife too.
sale025.jpg

Overall the knife performed really well. I am sure it would make a nice skinner also.

The handle length is good for me, the only thing I would change is a the thickness of the handle. Add a little more beef and round it out a lil more, and it would be great.

Thanks again.

I still need the next addy, so I can send it on tomorrow.

Got the addy. JAWilder this is heading to you tomorrow. I will be including the list of who's next in the box. This way all will know where it is to go when they're done.

Label/Receipt Number: 0703 8555 7490 8937 0552

Your item was delivered at 2:34 PM on October 7, 2008 in ATHENS, TX 75751.

OK, sorry for the delay but after Ike and some personal stuff life has been a bit crazy.

First, a shot with a few other knives.
DSC04529.JPG

The little nessmuk was awesome. The blade had a very nice and usable shape. The handle was thin but IMO it was very comfortable and the liners looked great. The two sheaths were very well made as well. The kydex sheath was my preferred method of carry but I really like the idea of the baldric. With a knife this small I would prefer a leather belt sheath and a kydex baldric that held the knife inverted. Sorry just a personal preference.

After a light stropping I finally got around to testing it. My first test was slicing paper, while this has no real use it is the first thing I do to all my knives. The knife passed with flying colors. The second test was to use it to whittle n a few sticks. While I am not very good at making feather sticks this knife helped me make a few of the better ones I have ever made.
DSC04534.JPG

This was followed but my meager attempts to make a tent peg.
DSC04532.JPG

Lastly, I chopped up some carrots to get a feel of what this knife would be like in e kitchen. The knife worked well for its short blade and the carrots never stood a chance.
DSC04536.JPG

Overall this knife and sheath are great and I could easily see myself carrying and using this knife. The only thing that I would change is the grind on it. I would like a taller grind to thin the edge out so it could slice a little better.

Craig, Thanks for including me in this pass around. You have made a great little knife.

Thank you!

I appreciate all the info/feedback you guys have been giving me:thumbup:

Craig

Yeah guys, I just got it in the mail today. It might have been there sooner but I'm in the process of moving and haven't thought to check the mail lately.

Everything arrived in great condition. I'll use it today and try to send it out tomorrow or Friday.

Back