Recommendation? Cmp m4, 3v, 4v and their relatives

ATJ999 ATJ999 is not very nice to his knives. Haha
Hes put everything I have made him to some serious use.
Hes 100% right about the touching up part. Keep the edges touched up and you wont have a problem. Reprofiling is difficult due to the wear resistance, as well as letting it get super dull.

Thank you for the kind words!
Yes I use those cutting tools hard on the farm. He made me one of my favorites, a CPM 3V brush sword/slimline machete for clearing brush, blackberries, bamboo, etc. on the property. I use it multiple hours a week. For a thin stock, 20 inch blade knife, it has not taken ANY major damage. Awesome blade! Can clear brush all day, spend a few minutes at night touching the edge up, and it is good to go for the next time.

If you live in Europe, you could consider Vanadis 4 extra, K390 with
still better edge retention, and for large choppers A8mod steel. ‘Dulo Knives’ is using all these steels
on different knives. The scandinavian and finnish knife makers provides nice blades in 80crv2 and 4V.

"I'm seeing the Master Hunter of Cold Steel in 3v pretty good, what's your thoughts?"

It's a nice little knife. It slices well. I don't have the 3V model though and can't talk about it's heat treat or how it performs but I have the old stainless model and it did what it was designed for. They aren't real hard user knives.

If you like smaller knives in 1095 that are easy to sharpen than some companies like Battle Horse and others I can't recall the names of that are in steels like O-1and A2 and are easy to maintain and sharpen, from 3 to 5 inches for $150 to $200. Take your time to look around. There have never been more good choices than now.

Joe
I know I'm super late. But can I we talk. How do you know of battle horse knives. I received one as a gift. I guess they're 25mins awayfromme. I'd like to talk to you

I know I'm super late. But can I we talk. How do you know of battle horse knives. I received one as a gift. I guess they're 25mins awayfromme. I'd like to talk to you
Sorry I'm so late replying. I heard of them here on Bladeforums and bought one from a online store I no longer remember. I knew their history at one time but I only remember fragments so you likely know more at this point than I do. I haven't seen mine for a few years and don't even know which box it's in. Anyways, welcome to Bladeforums.

Back