Coffee

Sure, no worries! One of the side benefits to my procrastination is seeing how much everybody else gets carried away, so I know how much to send. 😁;)
QFWwRH8.jpg

The coffee smells really good and the Buck is cool too. Never had one with finger grooves or a drop point. I didn't realize they did both together. Thanks!
Glad you like it

Just ordered 5 lbs. from IronBean (My steady, that you guys turned me onto)
2 Sumatra
2 Columbian
1 Peruvian
Very nice. Ordered 2 lbs of Cast Iron, a lb of Brazilian, a lb of Ethiopian, and two bags for unicorn, myself. Also ordered 5 bags of coffee from a place called “Mystic Monks Coffee” in Wyoming. My first time trying that place, will be interested to see how it is.

I also agree with Scott, hard to beat Iron Bean for quality and value in their coffees.

Was up in Fort Collins yesterday for my son’s state robotics competition at CSU. This is a local roaster there that I have heard good things about, and it didn’t dissappoint. Got a cappuccino and an iced nitro cold brew while there. Lima Coffee Roasters. Brought these beans home. Knife is a Carothers Performance SDFK (Super-Duty Field Knife).

01ac6afd-eaa3-4d22-8e73-ac80200f66e6-jpeg.2088971

It seemed to work ok. I really need to mess with it some more and figure out the nuances of this setup though. I do like that it's quieter than using an air popper or something like the Freshroast and it allows you to see what is going on with the roast more than a Behmor. It still produces smoke and makes a little bit of a mess using the cooling fan, but I do like how it pulls air through the coffee rather than blowing across it. This pulls the chaff through the tray and into a screen on the fan instead of blowing it everywhere.

I’ve always been curious about those roasters. Might have bought one but I feel like they should be less expensive. It’s similar to one a buddy of mine uses, except with his, you put a camp stove underneath for the heat source.

I’ve always been curious about those roasters. Might have bought one but I feel like they should be less expensive. It’s similar to one a buddy of mine uses, except with his, you put a camp stove underneath for the heat source.
I get what you mean about the price, but at least they sell the cooling fan as an add on item so you can get it for a little less if you want. Part of the reason I chose this one was for the built in heat source. It seems solid, although I definitely wouldn't call it heavy duty in any way. A hottop, a bullet, or a 'sample' roaster would be really fun to have but it's hard to justify the price for my use.

I just ordered 88# of green coffee… 🤣 (Roasting for our office and for home, I’m doing ~1.5# per week or more, so it goes pretty quick)

2# each of 44 Coffees =

Africa
Burundi - 3
Congo - 2
Ethiopia - 4
Kenya - 5
Rwanda - 3
Tanzania - 1

Central America
Costa Rica - 4
El Salvador - 3
Guatemala - 2
Honduras - 2
Nicaragua - 2
Panama - 2

South America
Brazil - 2
Columbia - 3
Peru - 1

Oceania
Papua New Guinea - 2

Indonesia / SE Asia
Sumatra - 2
Timor - 1

I get what you mean about the price, but at least they sell the cooling fan as an add on item so you can get it for a little less if you want. Part of the reason I chose this one was for the built in heat source. It seems solid, although I definitely wouldn't call it heavy duty in any way. A hottop, a bullet, or a 'sample' roaster would be really fun to have but it's hard to justify the price for my use.
Yeah, a Bullet would be pretty sweet. They sell out SO fast, despite the huge price tag! :eek: If money were no object, lol!

Back