Coffee

#30- Distressed knifahaulic continually flippin' his Syderco while enthusiastically hovering over his Chemex waiting for the right amount of bloom!!

We've ALL been there..........

I was looking around for a camera.
2duKzOS.gif

2015 United States Barista winners from left to right.

4th. Sam Lewontin, Everyman Espresso, New York, NY
3rd. Sam Schroeder, Olympia Coffee Roasting Co., Olympia, WA
5th. Devin Chapman, Verve Coffee Roasters, Los Angeles, CA
1st. Charles Babinski, Go Get 'Em Tiger, Los Angeles, CA. Finally, a well deserved win!
2nd. Cole McBride, PublicUS, Las Vegas, NV.
6th. Michael Harwood, Ceremony Coffee Roasters, Annapolis, MD

BKON

Seraphim Batch Brewer

US Brewers Cup,
1st. Sarah Anderson, Intelligentsia. Pasadena, CA.
2nd. Jenny Bonchack, Slingshot coffee, Raleigh NC
3rd. Todd Goldsworthy, Klatch. LA, CA
4th. Anthony Auger, Kaldi's coffee. St. Louis, MO
5th. Alexander Choppin, Olympia coffee. Olympia, WA
6th. James Gibbs, La Colombe. Chicago, IL

US Tasters Champion,
1st. James Tooil, La Colombe. Philadelphia, PA
2nd. Amanda Juras, Starbucks. Seattle, WA
3rd. Samual Demis, Keffa Coffee. Towson, MD

US Latte Art Champion,
1st. Angie Chun. Coffee Code. Garden Grove, CA

US Roasters Choice Champion,
1st. Brandon Despain, Caffe Ibis. Logan, Utah

Videos and results of the 2015 US Coffee Championships.
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1481487/events/3633613

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of clearing out some photos from a laptop and I uploaded to photobucket some photos of Dokas Coffee Estate in Costa Rica. We traveled around the country seeking wildlife and venomous snakes to photograph. We were in the Dokas area looking for eyelasy vipers to photograph and had heard they like to hang out near banana and shade trees. Had pretty good luck around Arenal.

But in any case check it out!

Last edited:
I've been crushing on this NJ roaster lately. Booskerdoo. This one is a single origin from the Nigusse/Lemma farm in Ethiopia. It's a trippy flavor, hints of grass, lemon and brandy.

Last edited:
Sprudge took better photos of the Championships than I did. More pics and detailed information about the event. http://sprudgelive.com/

My favorite Barista. 15th place Eden-Marie Abramowicz from Intelligentsia mixes fun and professionalism into her routine. She was even dancing to the music.

You can also see her in a Conan O'brien episode I posted earlier.

Just got a care package in the mail from a friend. ;)

Great timing, at the same time I received another order of Bialetti gaskets for my Moka pot so everything synced up just right. No more spewing water all over the stovetop then grabbing my welding gloves to retighten any more. :rolleyes:
I could tell as soon as I opened the bag of beans it was a winner. A good competitor to the Major D's but it is a more rounded cup. So much going on I'm having trouble picking out all the flavors and the aroma is filling my entire house.
I'll definitely be ordering more of this. Thank you. :)

g9ctGUR.jpg

I really enjoyed your pictures of Costa Rica! Now I need a cup of coffee.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Just got a care package in the mail from a friend. ;)

Great timing, at the same time I received another order of Bialetti gaskets for my Moka pot so everything synced up just right. No more spewing water all over the stovetop then grabbing my welding gloves to retighten any more. :rolleyes:
I could tell as soon as I opened the bag of beans it was a winner. A good competitor to the Major D's but it is a more rounded cup. So much going on I'm having trouble picking out all the flavors and the aroma is filling my entire house.
I'll definitely be ordering more of this. Thank you. :)

g9ctGUR.jpg

Great coffee from a great city. If I ever make it up to Blueprint I will make sure I grab enough for my pals!! I just never go that way.

Thanks the funnest factoid, was that they were in the off season and those bags of beans in the photo were 'b' stock holdovers from the selling season, deemed not good enough for export and were getting sold and distributed for local consumption. That batista with the tattoos is really cute btw! Lol

Back