Cold Steel (GSM) New Products Release:

Folks, Cold Steel has released pictures of their upcoming releases on their Facebook page!!

https://www.facebook.com/ColdSteelKnives

Plenty of neat things there, a few I'll almost certainly grab for myself.
I'll be honest, I see nothing that raises my interest, but it does give some hope that CS may not go the way of Gerber as everything looks, well, very Cold Steel.

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Will probably check out the Silver Eye. I think the Golden Eye is really under rated, but I think the gold turned a lot of people off, so maybe the silver will be more popular.

The AD15 Lite is interesting too. Curious if it's just a steel change? Not sure they could cheapen up the rest of it too much without compromising the strength, but who knows.

And looks like the Drop Forged Bowie is now maybe the same size as the Survivalist?

My concern with getting too optimistic about CS's future based on this is that this stuff was already in the works. 2022 may be more telling...

So far it’s mini recon 1, mini holdout, ad15 lite and silver eye for me.

There’s still a lot of plastic handled non-triadlock stuff, and some wasted opportunity i.e. the folding tanto models that use linerlock instead of triad.

BTW, I wouldn’t judge GSM based on this release just yet. Most if not all of these new models should have been long in the making and probably already produced before GSM takes over. GSM is probably just releasing something that the OG CS already planned on releasing this year.

The 2022 release will be the actual demonstration of GSM strategy.

Is there a way to see the photos without a account?
I took few of them:
3.jpg

Quiet

"That guy"
Gold Member

I'm not sure, admittedly. And given that there are something like 60 of them, adding them all here might be a bit of a tall order. The new items don't appear to be on their website as yet. Some notables include the Talwar, the Laredo and Natchez bowies, and the Trail Master. Also, they rereleased the "Broken Skull" only now it's called the "Range Boss", and comes in more muted handle colors and a stonewash blade. Otherwise, it's the same knife.

I'm not sure, admittedly. And given that there are something like 60 of them, adding them all here might be a bit of a tall order. The new items don't appear to be on their website as yet. Some notables include the Talwar, the Laredo and Natchez bowies, and the Trail Master. Also, they rereleased the "Broken Skull" only now it's called the "Range Boss", and comes in more muted handle colors and a stonewash blade. Otherwise, it's the same knife.
All will be posted on CS website in about a week :)

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
I like that there is going to be another Recon Scout - but is it going to be in that weird steel that has everyone scratching their heads?

Yes, and here's how I did it.
1. Go to Cold Steel's website
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the facebook logo
3. At the top left corner of the next screen click on Home
4. As you scroll down the page to look at pics a sign up or log on screen will pop up. Just click on the "Not Now" and keep on looking.
5. You can click on individual pics to see larger image.

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member

I went to the link, selected desktop view, and then clicked on the photo that said +58...when that opened up there were left and right arrows to scroll thru the various pics.

rycen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Basic Member
Thanks all. I found a workaround. I clicked on the picture that said there is 58 more and then opened that in a new window.

AF

Gold Member
Oooooo...Talwar XL, Mini Recon tanto, Oyaben, Voyager XL drop point.

AF

Gold Member
Will have to see about the liner on the Oyabun. I'm quite fond of the liner on the large Luzon. It takes a lot of pressure to disengage. I didn't like the more wimpy liner on the Crawford 1. I wonder if the Oyabun will be on bearings. I would guess so.