Cold Steel (GSM) New Products Release:

The AD15 Lite is interesting too. Curious if it's just a steel change? Not sure they could cheapen up the rest of it too much without compromising the strength, but who knows.

Why not steel lined Griv-ex?

My bet for the AD-15 Lite is aluminum liners, like the Voyagers have, under the Griv-Ex. Can't imagine much of a weight difference, but that plus AUS10 seems like it'd account for a price difference.

Whatever the case, I'm glad they didn't go with 8Cr13MoV like they did in 2020's SR1 Lite. :thumbsup: Barring that steel downgrade, I'd have an SR1 Lite to go with my 4-Max Scout (which is an awesome, awesome knife).

Excited to see that the XL Hold Out seems to be coming back, although the steel isn't visible. And I'm fascinated to see the street price on the S35VN 4-Max; that could be a killer package if it's well-priced.

I dream that someday they'll convert the Ti-Lite to the Tri-Ad lock. I can't abide the lock as it stands, but I love the form factor -- and the XL kris blade is awesome. :D

I’m down for some mini recon 1’s, for sure, and the drop point voyagers.

I want to like the new Range Boss, but it looks like it’s made of 4034 steel and might be zytel or grivex over aluminum liners.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
All will be posted on CS website in about a week :)
I certainly hope so , I'm not much for Facebook or their ilk .

Some of this new stuff looks great but would be nice to just have a catalog description , specs and pics w/o the games .

This one looks interesting. If it is closely related to the Storm Cloud or the Night Force knives I'll definitely grab one.

138349516_10157750719068730_3564107923628965286_o.jpg

I have had no luck seeing anything on Facebook, so thanks to everyone who has posted pictures here. I am pleased to see Aus10 rather than liner metal. Sadly, I suspect most or all of this was planned before the GSM takeover, so it is not necessarily an indicator of their intended direction.

Of the knives I can see, the Lynn Thompson signature knife looks very cool to me. I might even get two. The Talwar is also a definate buy, perhaps one plane and one serrated. The AD15 lite in Aus10 is interesting, depending on the cost. Actually, so is the 4max I suppose. I wish I could see the other offerings but overall this list is FAR more interesting to me than the 2020 trash steel extravaganza. Note, we still haven't seen many of the 2020 "new releases", so hopefully this year will be better in that regard.

P.S. GSM, post this stuff on your actual website first. Many of us never used Facebook, twitter, or instagram and we damn sure never will now. Actually, it is past time you stopped ignoring this forum here.

I’m down for some mini recon 1’s, for sure, and the drop point voyagers.

I want to like the new Ranch Boss, but it looks like it’s made of 4034 steel and might be zytel or grivex over aluminum liners.

Thanks for sharing.

The ranch boss thing caught my eye as well. Until I zoomed in and saw the steel.

I dunno I am no to impressed so far. I hope there is more and not just this. Nothing caught my eye. I think the handles on the new recon folders are messed up. I like the Range Boss.

Is the Talwar that good? Everone is pretty excited about it. Is it that good in the field?

BTW, I wouldn’t judge GSM based on this release just yet. Most if not all of these new models should have been long in the making and probably already produced before GSM takes over. GSM is probably just releasing something that the OG CS already planned on releasing this year.

The 2022 release will be the actual demonstration of GSM strategy.

Exactly. GSM said that in their interview to one of those knife news websites. They will release the itmes, wich CS already had designed for 2021, fisrt. Whether that is all of old/real CS or not it's unknown.

Last edited:
Will have to see about the liner on the Oyabun. I'm quite fond of the liner on the large Luzon. It takes a lot of pressure to disengage. I didn't like the more wimpy liner on the Crawford 1. I wonder if the Oyabun will be on bearings. I would guess so.
The large Luzon is my favorite knife. I just got another one in case anything happens to the first one. I just love it.

Some winners and losers in that line up. I love that they brought back the drop forged bowie in a bigger design, not sure on the fake stag handles, hopefully they offer plainer inserts at some point. Also like the old style alligator toothpick (the alligator looks just as odd on the real old English versions :)). Also like the Slock Master red fixed blades as budget knives, the Kris Ti-Lite being a permanent model, and the new colors for the double safe hunter.

I like that there is going to be another Recon Scout - but is it going to be in that weird steel that has everyone scratching their heads?
Sadly yes, and I can see 8Cr13MoV on one of the folders and 4034 on other one, it's also questionable what steel is going to be used on other ficed blades...

at the other hand Kyoto fixed blades look awesome...

range boss looks to be a cheap version of the broken skull but with plastic handles and basic steel...could be a cheap beater knife? Will be interested to see when people start getting these knives in our hands....

Back