Cold Steel (GSM) New Products Release:

A bit disappointed to see AUS10 instead of S35vn for the Mini Recon 1. Would have preferred American materials. But sounds like AUS10 is good. Can’t tell from the pics, but looks like they might have switched to a flat grind. Hope not.

Seems to be. It would follow the pattern. American Lawman, Recon 1, AD-10, L/XL Espada all switched from hollow to flat. The Mini Recon tanto may still be hollow ground. That's the case with the current Recon 1 tanto.

The serrated kris ti-lite is very cool- in essence serrations on serrations. The long overdue drop point voyager is also good news. It will join my XL tanto , clippoint, vaquero and kris voyagers. The mace looks like a revival of a simple mace they had out about 20 years ago which I let go by. Looks affordable and I'm definitely getting one. Quite a few other interesting items as well.
I have one of the original CS maces, it is a serious piece of work.

Not yet announced .

Pics show the wrong side of knife to see steel type .

Wishing for 3V :cool: , but probably getting 4034SS :( .

Same deal for all the big fixed blade choppers .

Just have to wait and see .
3V for the win! What do you think about a Warcraft Tanto for a survival/woods knife?

3V for the win! What do you think about a Warcraft Tanto for a survival/woods knife?
I like it fine . :cool:

Depends on your comfort level with the American Tanto blade for bushcraft .

Works fine for me , but not everyone agrees . ;)

My Warcraft is 8.5" blade , kinda short for a chopper , IMO , but also easier to carry .

Seems to be. It would follow the pattern. American Lawman, Recon 1, AD-10, L/XL Espada all switched from hollow to flat. The Mini Recon tanto may still be hollow ground. That's the case with the current Recon 1 tanto.

I hope it’s a hollow grind. Flat grind works well for the full size Recon 1. But the mini is not as wide and the same thickness. I think it would make it fairly obtuse and thick behind the edge.

Reactions: AF
Exactly. GSM said that in their interview to one of those knife news websites. They will release the itmes, wich CS already had designed for 2021, fisrt. Whether that is all of old/real CS or not it's unknown.

Below is a link to that article and discussion.

The 2021 lineup was in the works Before the sale of Cold Steel to GSM. Straight from the GSM representative:

This information is from an article on December 23, 2020 - see topic link.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gsm-reveals-future-plans-for-cold-steel-2021-and-beyond.1766501/

“Lynn Thompson is still on board and is currently working to finalize the 2021 new items and will be working with our team on new designs for the future,” Mann says. “More than 20 new products were in the pipeline prior to the sale, and those are still expected to be revealed in the coming months"

Back