Cold Steel (GSM) New Products Release:

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Sadly yes, and I can see 8Cr13MoV on one of the folders and 4034 on other one, it's also questionable what steel is going to be used on other ficed blades...

at the other hand Kyoto fixed blades look awesome...

That's disappointing. I'd love to get a Recon Scout but not if it's going to be in junk steel.

I think the oyabun looks sick, like a cold steel version of a kwaiken. Hopefully it is as least a 4" blade, I'm guessing so since the fixed blade oyabun was the big brother of the kobun. Liner lock doesn't bother me a bit, cold steel puts a ton of energy into creating strong locks that they test rigorously before they release them. Plus I don't think lynn would put his name on it if it was a so so lock.
Also pumped about the drop point voyager xl, counter point 1, talwar xl, double edged leatherneck mini stabber, Kyoto 2 and 4 max. I couldn't care less about the steels. I have a crkt in 4116 that I have been using relentlessly at work and I really like it. Edge retention is actually way better than I expected and a couple swipes on a fine ceramic rod brings it up to hair popping.

I think the oyabun looks sick, like a cold steel version of a kwaiken. Hopefully it is as least a 4" blade, I'm guessing so since the fixed blade oyabun was the big brother of the kobun. Liner lock doesn't bother me a bit, cold steel puts a ton of energy into creating strong locks that they test rigorously before they release them. Plus I don't think lynn would put his name on it if it was a so so lock.
Also pumped about the drop point voyager xl, counter point 1, talwar xl, double edged leatherneck mini stabber, Kyoto 2 and 4 max. I couldn't care less about the steels. I have a crkt in 4116 that I have been using relentlessly at work and I really like it. Edge retention is actually way better than I expected and a couple swipes on a fine ceramic rod brings it up to hair popping.
Yeah I don't care about steel either. Design is what's important to me.

My bet for the AD-15 Lite is aluminum liners, like the Voyagers have, under the Griv-Ex. Can't imagine much of a weight difference, but that plus AUS10 seems like it'd account for a price difference.

Whatever the case, I'm glad they didn't go with 8Cr13MoV like they did in 2020's SR1 Lite. :thumbsup: Barring that steel downgrade, I'd have an SR1 Lite to go with my 4-Max Scout (which is an awesome, awesome knife).

Excited to see that the XL Hold Out seems to be coming back, although the steel isn't visible. And I'm fascinated to see the street price on the S35VN 4-Max; that could be a killer package if it's well-priced.

I dream that someday they'll convert the Ti-Lite to the Tri-Ad lock. I can't abide the lock as it stands, but I love the form factor -- and the XL kris blade is awesome. :D

I was skeptical of the ti lite because of the liner lock too, until I got one. Now it's one of my favorite xl blades. That liner lock is strong and prob the best executed I've ever seen. I absolutely trust it and say if you like the form factor of the ti lite then get one. Plus the tip is perfectly in line with the butt of the handle so in a hard stab the lock takes very little stress. Lt totes two of them on him and to me that says a lot considering how much testing they do on their knives.

Dadpool

Gold Member
I absolutely trust it and say if you like the form factor of the ti lite then get one.

It's not the engagement I can't stand -- it's a hell of a secure lock-up. It's the disengagement that drove me nuts. I've never encountered a knife less pleasant to unlock (but I know lots of folks have no problems disengaging them).

I dunno I am no to impressed so far. I hope there is more and not just this. Nothing caught my eye. I think the handles on the new recon folders are messed up. I like the Range Boss.

Is the Talwar that good? Everone is pretty excited about it. Is it that good in the field?

In the field? The Talwar is primarily a self defense weapon. As such it is probably very effective, though one hopes they never have to put this to the test. Beyond that, it also looks cool to a lot of people.

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
I dream that someday they'll convert the Ti-Lite to the Tri-Ad lock. I can't abide the lock as it stands, but I love the form factor -- and the XL kris blade is awesome. :D

Not sure they could fit the TriAd lock into such a slim handle, especially with how far the blade fits into the handle when closed.

The large Luzon is my favorite knife. I just got another one in case anything happens to the first one. I just love it.

I like it a whole lot more than I want to. It's so smooth, so fun to play with, and the blade shape is perfect. I don't trust the lock, and it's a bit thicker than I like in my pocket, but I love it despite these quibbles.

I like it enough that I bought a medium to keep it company. The medium is not as sexy to me, the blade on the large is heavy enough that it damn near opens itself. More, I decided to test out the sharpening system my wife got me for Christmas on the new medium Luzon, and I promptly destroyed the edge. So that left a bit of a sour taste that is in no way the fault of the knife. I will have to fix it this weekend.

jstn

Gold Member
I’m not a fan of 20CV in a hard use knife, which has kept me away from the 4max, but I’ll have to get one now! In for a recon mini too and maybe a few others!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
There appear to be a few models I might be interested in.

Too bad they stuck with the unusable sheaths.

Yes, but look how much of the blade is exposed when closed compared to the Ti Lite, in order to fit the lock. That's what the Ti Lite would end up looking like if they changed it, which to me pretty much defeats the purpose.

View attachment 1491572
I think the triad tilite is totally doable, just need to move the pivot down a bit more so that the top of the handle(in horizontal view) has more space to fit the triad lock. But yes, that would mean more exposed blade so it’s not gonna look as elegant as the linerlock closed since you need those space for the lock.
Look at Benchmade 470 Fact, or folding SOCP, it’s also very stiletto like with Axis lock, which also takes up space.

Reactions: AF
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC