Compact tacticaL hawk...

I am looking for a compact hawk. Something close to the size of a RMJ Jenny Wren or Kestrel. I am interested in seeing what else is out there in this size range.

Thanks.

What’s the intended purpose of the tac. Hawk? Might help with giving us an idea of the size your looking for.
How are you going to carry it ?

JennyWren_vs_Dyneema_3A_500x414.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Jenny Wren is the smallest of the tactical hawks I have seen by RMJ tactical. The designee is just perfect, for a combat oriented axe. The spike on it is devastating.

My personal preference is for the Winkler Combat Axe and the R&D hawks. They are easily concealed under clothing, and it easily mounted on to any plate carrier.

This is a bad ass little guy I just got the other day. Winkler Stealth Axe. Very easy to carry.

Stealth.jpg

This is a bad ass little guy I just got the other day. Winkler Stealth Axe. Very easy to carry.

Stealth.jpg

I want this but with sculpted g10. I will make a mental reminder to buy an axe one day, though it's probably illegal for me to carry, maybe even illegal with a CWP.

JennyWren_vs_Dyneema_3A_500x414.jpg

That looks like a manufacture tag but it is actually how Edwood serves a subpoena. You da Man Ed........Randy

Stealth.jpg

i love that one.

he.jpg

This is the smallest one I have, it’s a R&D Baby hawk, evil little axe that I carry under my jacket at times.

i wish i could carry an Apocalypse chopper on my back but that just pushing it. ;)

Got a new scabbard from the RMJ's and trying it out.
Et don't meant to copy yours but darn it you made it a classic.

Fronscope.jpg

New.jpg

Sleeping Kestrel wrapped around the shoulder.

Thanks for the replies.

Nick425,

What is the overall length of the Winkler Stealth Axe? Looks great.

Edwood7,

Sir, if you do not mind answering ?
For a weapon concealed what do you think of the short Sayoc with spike versus the Stealth ?
Do you think a spike is a good idea on the stealth ?
On all the Winklers do you see a big advantage in the spike for anti personal work, particularly against heavy clothes and soft armor?

I am undecided between the Winkler short spike Sayoc and the Stealth.
I think a spike Stealth would give extra bite in a close place over the regular stealth, but, I may be missing something.
I would like to see a pic of the Stealth side by side with the Sayoc short spike.

Thank You,
Court

It’s called the jackal, interesting designee. The pommel on the first one is just evil.

Here are a few pictures of other small hawks that I looked at before decided on the R&D hawk.

Sibert Comanche Tomahawk Designed by Shane Sibert

The kestrel Tomahawk by RMJ

The Jenny Wren

I also found this variation of the Jenny Wren on line, it looks kind of like the handle design of the R&D hawk. It’s coming out by the end of the year.
I’m a big fan of the handle shape for a fighting hatchet, it appears that others have realized this as well.

Any axe regardless of the tactical title in the right hands can get you through a tight spot. I would take the Model T hawk that Pipeman made to war any day.

I fully understand it is the user, not the tool, that matters most. I just value your opinion as somebody with real world experience with hawks.

Edwood7,

Sir, if you do not mind answering ?
For a weapon concealed what do you think of the short Sayoc with spike versus the Stealth ?
Do you think a spike is a good idea on the stealth ?
On all the Winklers do you see a big advantage in the spike for anti personal work, particularly against heavy clothes and soft armor?

I am undecided between the Winkler short spike Sayoc and the Stealth.

I posted this story some time ago, it’s a clear example of why I like the front spike on the sayok.

I think a spike Stealth would give extra bite in a close place over the regular stealth, but, I may be missing something.
I would like to see a pic of the Stealth side by side with the Sayoc short spike.

Thank You,
Court

I posted this story some time ago, it’s a clear example of way I like the front spike on the sayok.
I have use my knife in defensive situation before. But recently I used my tomahawk in a life and death situation during a raid on a safe house in the southern part of the country. We were tipped off about suspicions activities going on in a large house in a upper class neighborhood, the report said that several men whit military uniforms and riffles were going in and out of the house during the night.

We set up near the house and got the go ahead to enter the house after we got some much needed back up by the Mexican military, once inside most of the almost 11 armed narcos gave themselves up whit out a struggle. We went ahead and cleared the entire house, when we heard one of our guys screaming over the radio for back up. One of the bad guys was hiding in one of the balconies and tried to wrestle the shotgun away from my team mate.

When I arrived to help out, I realized that my friend was struggling to pull out his hand gun from his leg holster, and I pull out my tomahawk and hit the bad guy in the shoulder (he was wearing body armor) the spike on my hawk went right trough the Kevlar and cut his shoulder badly, he immediately stopped fighting and had to be sent to the hospital for stitches. I would have shot him but felt that I might have hit my friend in the struggle. The bastard will live. My friend was alright, but a bit shaken from the whole ordeal. Turns out his leg holster was new and he hadn’t gotten used to it yet. Almost cost him his life. I took these pictures of the vest the idiot was wearing whit my cell phone.

P.S. I was aiming for his head.

Back