Compact tacticaL hawk...

They have two different Swamp Rat hawks up at their company store website for order. Use Google to find the website. There will be a wait before the charge and shipping because they haven't been made yet. That's just how they do their business IME.

I'm not promoting them, but I would like to see what the folks on this forum think of the design & price.

Unfortunately I'm stuck at trading currently.

They have two different Swamp Rat hawks up at their company store website for order. Use Google to find the website. There will be a wait before the charge and shipping because they haven't been made yet. That's just how they do their business IME.

I'm not promoting them, but I would like to see what the folks on this forum think of the design & price.

Maybe you should start a new thread and ask that question, you will get more answers that way.
I don't like them, without holding them in hand. They just look like hawk shaped objects to me, no detail in the handles at all.
I just don't see the value in the Sniper Hawk, it's just a cut out shape of a hawk, where's the craftsmanship, where's the details, no bevels or grinds to speak of? I don't see almost $300 worth of tomahawk in either one.

Last edited:
Maybe you should start a new thread and ask that question, you will get more answers that way.
I don't like them, without holding them in hand. They just look like hawk shaped objects to me, overbuilt to never fail.

That's one of my worries. I'm crossing my fingers for someone to post an RMJ for trade, let's hope for the best!

I don't like them, without holding them in hand. They just look like hawk shaped objects to me, no detail in the handles at all.
I just don't see the value in the Sniper Hawk, it's just a cut out shape of a hawk, where's the craftsmanship, where's the details, no bevels or grinds to speak of? I don't see almost $300 worth of tomahawk in either one.

Thanks for your thoughts. That's sort of what I expected.

While I can understand your opinion, I won't know whether I agree or not until I've used one. I ordered the Sniper Hawks a few months ago in a special they had, without the Micarta handles. I expect to receive them in the next few weeks.

FWIW, I have bought several forged tomahawks from makers who appear or formerly appeared here often. I admire the craftsmanship.

Just received my Winkler Stealth Axe. Talk about Compact! I'll post some pictures in either this or a new thread ( WKII Stealth Axe and Shoulder rig ) tonight!

Just received my Winkler Stealth Axe. Talk about Compact! I'll post some pictures in either this or a new thread ( WKII Stealth Axe and Shoulder rig ) tonight!

How long did it take from order till hawk in hand?

Where's the pics! :D

Aha! I only posted them to the the other forums I'm on! I knew I forgot something!

Here are some pictures of the harness I made for conceal carrying my Winkler Stealth Axe that I just received today!
Rig is made from core leather, some 3cm wide nylon band, plastic adjustable "thingies" :S and welded D-rings to attach the axe sheath to.

Enjoy!

I had to take these pictures with a timer on my computer, as I have no one else around to help me atm. But I hope it shows the harness
alright! It does a great job at concealing the axe under a shirt or jacket!

stealthharness2.jpg

stealthharness3.jpg

stealthharness1.jpg

Again I apologize for the poor quality of the images, had to do them on my own :p

I was lucky enough to find a German dealer who would have it 2 weeks after I placed my order. I live in Europe, so this was also by bar the easiest option for me.
I almost ordered one that was pre-done, but I figure Daniel is the one who does all the work, so waiting to get the money into his pocket was worth it. :)

I was lucky enough to find a German dealer who would have it 2 weeks after I placed my order. I live in Europe, so this was also by bar the easiest option for me.

Thanks for the response. I sent an email today with questions about an order.

I almost ordered one that was pre-done, but I figure Daniel is the one who does all the work, so waiting to get the money into his pocket was worth it. :)

I originally placed an order with Daniel, but with the shipping we had to choose for it to be delivered to me after going through customs (Danish postal service won't deliver "weapons") the shipping costs added up to 250$, and 25% to the total = my order+shipping on 25%. It simply didn't add up. So I was pleased to find a european dealer!

I originally placed an order with Daniel, but with the shipping we had to choose for it to be delivered to me after going through customs (Danish postal service won't deliver "weapons") the shipping costs added up to 250$, and 25% to the total = my order+shipping on 25%. It simply didn't add up. So I was pleased to find a european dealer!

I understand. brother. Paying over a third of the item you're buying's price just to ship it doesn't make much sense. Glad you got your hawk!

I understand. brother. Paying over a third of the item you're buying's price just to ship it doesn't make much sense. Glad you got your hawk!

Exactly! Unfortunately it also meant that I had to go with rubber handles instead of wood, but the cost simply got too high! Looking forward to pics of your axe when it arrives!

Exactly! Unfortunately it also meant that I had to go with rubber handles instead of wood, but the cost simply got too high! Looking forward to pics of your axe when it arrives!

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting that axe. :( Oh well, maybe some other time.

Back