Complimentary Carry Combos

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
A lot of us carry more than one blade - some for the different shapes and sizes of knives they may need though the course of a day, some have a self-defense backup, some have left and right-handed carry, and I'm sure a lot of us carry more than one basically just because we can!

Today is a work day: RAT Worx MRX (full size) and a Boker Stag Gnome:

wyopKGg.jpg

I do this all the time also! The smaller blade is usually the one I use around the people that think a Millie is a killing machine!
You'd be surprised how capable this little Spin really is!
Joe

d4e314c9331ac2204d012c2341dbd5ba.jpg

I do as well
I'll mainly have a large folder on my right
And a smaller sheeple and more slicey folder on my Lh

Good combo for.me lately has been an smf for my rh

Spyderco g-10 dyad in my Lh pocket. And a strider WP or sa-l tucked in on my left

Too many knives to carry only one :)

Like the guy in the western movie only had one hand and like 5 revolvers lol

He said he ain't dying on lack of bullets?

I have had a spin in my cart so many times was mainly waiting to see em pop up on the forum. Looks like a perfect Lil sheeple knife

Also even though I don't care for the "flow" of the rat works I DO like that blade design. looks like a slicer. And the test of the cycles is impressive
Perhaps it will grow on me the more I look at it

Last edited:
A lot of us carry more than one blade - some for the different shapes and sizes of knives they may need though the course of a day, some have a self-defense backup, some have left and right-handed carry, and I'm sure a lot of us carry more than one basically just because we can!

Today is a work day: RAT Worx MRX (full size) and a Boker Stag Gnome:

wyopKGg.jpg

Is that one of those chain drive autos?

Sure is!!
Love that auto CU!! I also saw the vid where the knife had, I think, over 400,000 successful deployments. Amazing......especially after both Launches I had didn't last 300.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43d18b2d70395848c78a6c2395d85f45.jpg

Pair of swaybacks

WARNING : Nerdy excess of photos and BS ahead

I think the Spyerco Cricket is a permanent fixture now (at work or any other time).
I have just started to rotate out the Manix and gone back to the Ti handled Boker 440C shown. I am sure the Manix will come back around.

The Cricket destroyed a product the other day. I was holding it in one hand after it had expertly opened some P in the A packaging and closing the Cricket in the other hand and it reached over with it’s talon like hook and the deed was done. He looked at me like a new dog that had killed his first bird.
Bad dog. You killed that product.
He looked at me with pride as if to say yah but it was quick.

The rest of the mess has been there on the belt at work for years and years.
The long blades on the SAKs I reground to chisel (single bevel) one left; one right with fairly wide angle edge grind. Precision pliers on one and scissors on the other. Note the different location on the handle of the philips screw drivers. I use both. Well that’s another pair.

The Japanese single bevel, wood handled knife I usually don’t carry but it is in my bag under the bench. Super sharp for clean cuts in really soft rubber products and the SAK Bantam right near it is used for the same thing but is super shallow ground and double bevel. Oil the knife and it is like surgery. The SAK Bantam ALWAYS rides in the belt pouch with the other SAKs. That’s one more pair (soft rubber cutters).

The huge handled abomination to God and Man is the most recent work EDC ; Ti Lite turned Razel. Think of it as a two fisted chisel I can even use to take burs off steel products. Very wide angle edge grind on both edges. Shoot me if I start carrying a pair of these. No really; don’t hesitate just pull the trigger.

The last one is the tiniest flush cutting nippers I could find. Brilliant and very well made (stout pivot; much better than my last pair which were larger). Does / gets in, where the SAK scissors can’t. I guess that’s another pair.

OK I’ll stop now; this excess is . . . well . . . excessive.

PS: the Knipex pliers wrench and the precision pliers on the SAK is another pair :D

Last edited:
43d18b2d70395848c78a6c2395d85f45.jpg

Pair of swaybacks

Those sure look like doglegs, to me, and a pair of the finest I've seen.

I normally carry a traditional and a modern together. Here's some of my favorite combos.

IMG_2606_zpsxnjwsme6.jpg

IMG_2535copy_zps7d54cc85.jpg

IMG_2499copy_zps2c9575c3.jpg

IMG_2230copy_zps3edfff49.jpg

2_zpsccfc231a.jpg

Whoops I meant dogleg [emoji16]

ahbiv,
Swaybacks are cool !
Really great feel in the hand. I look forward to getting more than just my one Case.

The smaller blade is usually the one I use around the people that think a Millie is a killing machine!
You'd be surprised how capable this little Spin really is!

Speaking of small and "killing machine" I figured I would use this cut off to make a little mini knife. Would look dagger like. I might even sharpen the the other edge. I don't know why.
Then I would have the worst of both worlds but fun to have.

I almost always carry a modern folder and a traditional folder.
Examples:

mfkKx16.jpg

The traditional is almost always the coyote lately.

Back