Cool Knife Find After Junkie Grossness

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a needle exchange right downtown, so they should be able to get clean syringes.
They must be getting new ones fairly often, or they wouldn't have so many to throw on the ground.
There are also sharps disposal boxes in the bathrooms at the Tim Hortons about a block from the giant mess, so there is no excuse for them to just leave them on the ground.

Most of the fast food places have sharps disposal boxes in their bathrooms now.

Haven’t seen the sharps disposal boxes in Toronto yet.

If they had any decency they would do the polite thing and atleast break off the sharp part, pull the plunger out the back drop the sharp now detached pin down the back and push the plunger back in.

Voila mobile sharp disposal. (Better than nothing) they should atleast teach them that trick where they get the free pins.

Haven’t seen the sharps disposal boxes in Toronto yet.

Some of the drug stores hand out free sharps disposal boxes if you ask.
They then will dispose of the full boxes for free if you bring them back.

They offer this service because of people with diabetes, but it also works for those with IV drug issues.

The people throwing syringes on the ground are just inconsiderate.

They offer this service because of people with diabetes, but it also works for those with IV drug issues.

yeah addicts once junkies usually arent known for their consideration, motivation, solid work ethics, follow through, societal politeness and good behavior, etc.:)

Yeah all the drug stores do that pretty much everywhere. It would be nice if the junkies would make use of them. IV drug use is definitely a huge problem.

Wheb I was a kid in New Orleans we used to see them on the street next to the curb all the time. The most dangerous ones are the ones you don’t see that can get you.

There are buildings in Toronto by Jane and Finch where alot of product gets moved. Then there is a little hill that continues down to a ravine. Tons of needles there from the Georgian and Russian junkies who have no qualms about treating the hill as their sharp disposal.

I saw the city cleaning the area up, they had to come in hazmat suits. All you saw was a few Georgians stumbling away when they showed up.

yeah addicts once junkies usually arent known for their consideration, motivation, solid work ethics, follow through, societal politeness and good behavior, etc.:)
Yeah ! Once somebody gets to the point they no longer care about ANYTHING but the next fix , don't expect them to care much for themselves even , let alone anybody else . Some can be downright dangerously antisocial . Kinda like a drowning man , will in desperation , pull you right down with 'em . :(

I think that's the dividing line between addict and junkie.
In some places I worked before, I had to interact with quite a few people who were addicts, but they still cared about how their actions affected others.

Yesterday, went back by the store and saw a tiny knife that had been hidden by others, so I had to get it too. ;)

kxZqj05.jpg

sf9THck.jpg
:eek: What I need to know is {;} Did the book help with your cane fighting skills ? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:eek: What I need to know is {;} Did the book help with your cane fighting skills ? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Naturally...I can now fight like Sherlock Holmes. :D
It is actually a neat little book, although you can find pretty much all the Bartitsu info online.
Like most books dealing with martial arts, you have to know something already.
I can recognize some valid things in it. However, it is a different style of doing things with the stick than the way I do things.

Wikipedia has an okay article on Bartitsu. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu

I think that's the dividing line between addict and junkie.
In some places I worked before, I had to interact with quite a few people who were addicts, but they still cared about how their actions affected others.
true and i agree. course canadians are always nicer and more considerate in general on average. y'alls junkies are more considerate than our addicts.:)

Naturally...I can now fight like Sherlock Holmes. :D
It is actually a neat little book, although you can find pretty much all the Bartitsu info online.
Like most books dealing with martial arts, you have to know something already.
I can recognize some valid things in it. However, it is a different style of doing things with the stick than the way I do things.

Wikipedia has an okay article on Bartitsu. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu
;) Thanks ! My question was sincere . I practice with cane and hiking staff and am always interested in learning new ways . But you already knew this thru deductive reasoning ! Elementary . :p

Years ago I went to a pawn shop in my town. He told me they sent any pocket knives they received to their store on the "other" (bad) side of town. That was the last time I went pawn shopping. I have since wondered if this is a common practice in the pawning industry.

Years ago I went to a pawn shop in my town. He told me they sent any pocket knives they received to their store on the "other" (bad) side of town. That was the last time I went pawn shopping. I have since wondered if this is a common practice in the pawning industry.

Try it again. I find that 9/10 when i go to a pawn shop, i strike out. But every so often, something happens like 6 months ago when I walked out with 4 SAKs for $12. All in barely used condition. A Spartan, a Waiter, and two Tinkers.

stabman stabman great finds, all three!

And good on you for taking an active, positive role in your community.

Be prepared to stick around if you have to administer Nalaxone. I spent a few years as what you would call an EMT in inner city London. You can imagine how many times we had to inject people with Nalaxone... I lost count early on. Still, if you aren’t too late, it is literally as if you have raised Lazarus, like you performed a bloody miracle.

The only problem is that the half life of the opiate receptor inhibitor is really short! Twenty minutes later and they start to go back into cardiac arrest. You have to keep jabbing ‘em until the smack wears off sufficiently.

And they won’t thank you for it, either. Do you think they’ll say, “Thanks man, you saved my life!”

Hahahaha.

No.

They’ll say something like, “**** you, you ******* piece of ******* ****! You ruined my ******* high, you stupid ****!”

Yep.

One guy, we bring him back to life in the back of the ambulance. He comes round, calls us all a bunch of ****s, rip out the cannula and marches off down the street. So we follow him up the road, at 4mph, taking bets on when he’s gonna drop. Sure enough, down he goes like a sack of potatoes, we jump out, Nax him, shock him. Same thing happens again. Twice!

Anyway, nice knives. And you’re a good bloke in my book.

Withdrawing in the Plaza is like hell on earth, with Satan in the room with you......couldn’t imagine it out in the cold.

Hopefully they are atleast using clean syringes. I doubt it though most the junkies in Toronto have Hep C. This is despite the fact that they give free clean needles.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel sorry for them. Withdrawing in the Canadian winter cannot be fun. It’s sad the problem affects so many people.

stabman stabman great finds, all three!

And good on you for taking an active, positive role in your community.

Be prepared to stick around if you have to administer Nalaxone. I spent a few years as what you would call an EMT in inner city London. You can imagine how many times we had to inject people with Nalaxone... I lost count early on. Still, if you aren’t too late, it is literally as if you have raised Lazarus, like you performed a bloody miracle.

The only problem is that the half life of the opiate receptor inhibitor is really short! Twenty minutes later and they start to go back into cardiac arrest. You have to keep jabbing ‘em until the smack wears off sufficiently.

And they won’t thank you for it, either. Do you think they’ll say, “Thanks man, you saved my life!”

Hahahaha.

No.

They’ll say something like, “**** you, you ******* piece of ******* ****! You ruined my ******* high, you stupid ****!”

Yep.

One guy, we bring him back to life in the back of the ambulance. He comes round, calls us all a bunch of ****s, rip out the cannula and marches off down the street. So we follow him up the road, at 4mph, taking bets on when he’s gonna drop. Sure enough, down he goes like a sack of potatoes, we jump out, Nax him, shock him. Same thing happens again. Twice!

Anyway, nice knives. And you’re a good bloke in my book.

I have friends from many years ago who have issues with dope use and thusly keep a naloxone kit at my house.

While my rules are obviously no usage at my home I still want it there and my friends know where it is too. (I try to be a good friend because I have friends who have gone into dope addiction and come out the other side and are clean now....or clean enough [methadone])

I went out to get groceries one day and came home to my friend dying on my balcony. (Not breathing, still had a weak pulse). I gave him the naloxone and called an ambulance. Luckily I was able to revive hin with CPR before the ambulance got there.

The guy literally smoke ONE toke of dope and died. I know this guy doesn’t bang and could see the one black spot on the foil he dropped on my couch. (Implying one hit) This is because of all the fentanyl that is showing up in the dope in Toronto.

Scary time to be a junky, and scary for me. I am so grateful that pharmacies are giving out free naloxone kits. Still, not an experience I would want to repeat. Now I will never leave someone I know had addiction issues alone in my house again even if they have been clean for a while. It seems they are actually most vulnerable to overdose when they have been clean because they have no tolerance.

It’s sad because alot of my friends are from the underground rave community I used to party in when I was younger. Back then no one was doing smack. (Special K and MDMA being the drugs of choice) It seems like fast forward ten years and almost all of them have atleast had a period of time where they were using heroin.

Even if it doesn’t kill you it destroys the years of your life that you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back