Cool stuff at SHOT show

thanks, i wonder how it tastes? :D

Canned bacon is not only delicious, it keeps for an extremely long time. For those who are interested in preps/long term food storage. Also check out Yoder's bacon, although it isn't tactical. :D

Canned bacon is not only delicious, it keeps for an extremely long time. For those who are interested in preps/long term food storage. Also check out Yoder's bacon, although it isn't tactical. :D

yeah that tactical bacon has a 10 year shelf life! :eek::eek::eek: i wonder how it would taste in 10 years?

Didn't some general just retire and eat a can of cake from Vietnam era mre's?

Didn't some general just retire and eat a can of cake from Vietnam era mre's?

Back when I first went to Vietnam, C-RATS from 1942 were still being issued. They didn't taste any worse than the newer stuff they started issuing us a couple of years later. Didn't taste any better, either: I guess C-RATS, unlike wine, don't improve with age.

I'd be willing to try ten year old tactical bacon, just to see what it does taste like.:D

Great thread about bacon. Maybe we could move it to it's own thread? I would for sure like to know of other canned bacon sources. BTW any news on the new RAT Cutlery items?

Eating dinner right now. I'll have some pics for ya'll when we get back to the hotel. Today was a fun day!

Back