1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Brian77, Aug 23, 2019.

1. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I used the MC to bust up some fairly knotty wood this las weekend, it performed flawlessly- like always.
    My Wife wonders why I whoop on this knife so hard, she asks “ wasn’t that knife expensive “. I tell her “ Not for what you get and that it’s worth every penny “. I also told her that “ the knife wants me to “. Just so you guys know, that’s a quick way to get out of a conversation about how much knives cost.
    I followed that up with a fire and a glass of wine for her, then she saw the value in it too;)

If she asks again I’m just going to just keep smiling strangely and creep her out, it is almost Halloween:) 645F6683-00BB-413D-8C0F-96DD952E5423.jpeg 65654384-D9C6-4D47-8992-5FD7D3DE5EB7.jpeg 74633985-C7DB-4189-8142-2C7AD0AD2571.jpeg

ironwagon, oldmanwilly, Xr6x and 21 others like this.
  2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The CPK MC, the finest 10" blade I've owned :cool:

3. never.truly.lost

never.truly.lost Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2015
    The MC is so awesome it is my EDC blade of choice

Xr6x, Grenock, - SpyderMan - and 8 others like this.
  4. Wood5045

Wood5045 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
  5. gunslinger387

gunslinger387 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The secret is to have enough knives that she never notice one more. It works on guns too.

oldmanwilly, jus_gus, Xr6x and 11 others like this.
  6. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I got a good laugh out of that one.

jus_gus, Xr6x, bluemax_1 and 5 others like this.
  7. kurpak

kurpak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2008
    4V in it's natural bramble and hidden fence wire habitat.
    LC.jpg

8. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    MC running the steep slopes at work today. By far my favourite blade CPK has made (might be time to move the HDFK along!)

A6771917-7138-4650-A868-76353D5F3F97.jpeg

9. bluemax_1

bluemax_1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Yep. The MC is my Goldilocks.

10. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    One of the more underrated pieces we've done. I feel it's probably our overall best chopper.

Sales were always somewhat slow. Once the existing blade stock is depleted I don't think we're going to revisit it.

11. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    I should probably try to get my hands on one

oldmanwilly, jus_gus, duramax and 4 others like this.
  12. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    It is unfortunate it didn’t get more traction particularly with how popular the LC was.
    For the last 8-10 weeks or so I am getting around 100-800 chop/swings in a day with this one. Honestly my only addition or modification would be a swedge as it acts as a defensive item (albiet a backup).
    Other than that it is my first tool to grab when loading my pack up for the day.

Man if you have stock of these we should chat. I am desperately wanting a backup just in case; not of breakage or anything but always a chance it gets ripped off on a sled/atv/somewhere in the hinterland.

13. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I would like to get in line if you want to sell the HDFK. ;)

jus_gus, duramax, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  14. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    It isn’t a pretty one anymore so you may want to hold that thought!

15. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    That's ok with me.

16. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    49B18AAD-9C1F-426E-A419-5BEA73976EDC.jpeg

Some days I take the MC, HDFK, and FK out to the field. Because hey you gotta enjoy your job while you are there right!

17. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    I gotta ask, did you try the BC?

I went from LC to BC, skipped the MC because money and I struggle with choppers as a general rule.

Edit: I’m always searching for the right pair of tools. Like a FK2 and an axe. Or a HDFK and a folder... so many choices.

jus_gus, duramax, Standard78 and 3 others like this.
  18. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    Nope, never tried the BC. The 10” length and 7/32” stock thickness is about as bulky as I wanted to carry.
    That and the profile of the MC has more of the point centred up vs the HDMC and BC (not sure if that makes sense?)

jus_gus, Standard78 and Odog27 like this.
  19. never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    Also the lighter in hand-ness or I guess the sweet spot for cutting is great for brushing out trails and getting ATVs/sleds through Alder and Willow’d-in roads. Like a machete but that can actually cut woody stemmed plants and brush

jus_gus, duramax, Standard78 and 4 others like this.
  20. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    So where exactly would you say it excelled VS the LC other than the tip geometry?