CPK Pet Thread

Gus had his teeth cleaned this morning. Drugs be damned, he's gonna get in his porch time.

DOYqlOQ.jpg

Had that happen twice. The 2nd time was very quick and Pepe died. Still stinky though ….

To elaborate a little on a larger screen ....

(1) first time. 3 large dogs, all three younger than 2 years out playing in our backyard early in the morning. Our girl Rottie got sprayed. I took her in and we showered. Shampooed her, dried her off, she came out pretty .... but still stinky. By then I didn't know who of us two was the smelly one .... I remember going to the office, and asking the nice lady at the coffee shop come close and to smell me, and see if there was a problem. My nose was 100% disfunctional. Was funny, she had not heard that pickup line before :)

(2) second time, an early morning a few months later. All three super excited, couldn't wait to get out. I open the door and verbally released them; all three sprinted to the far corner of the yard, where - unbeknownst to me - was another skunk. The skunk didn't have time to spray them, it was a matter of seconds .... still we smelled it for days.

These days I usually know when there is one in the yard and wait until it's gone.

Roland.

Handsome pup, but I need to know where to buy that couch. We are in desperate need of one and I love yours.

My apologies for the delayed response. I will need to check with my wife as I do not recall where we got this one. We have two leather sets, one for the family room and one for the living room and we got them from different places.
The brown one is a sectional with reclining seats, center consoles with cupholders, and "remote" storage - I'll see if I can get more info for you.

A pensive Charlie...

yUGD4Bh.jpg

This little puppy came by last week. He was given to our on-and-off helper Ruben who's been with us for almost 25 years, on some Indian reservation where he was doing some work. They told Ruben to take him for free and to take care of him because he was likely going to be killed by the other dogs or coyotes as his mom had stopped fending for him. He looked like 5-6 months old to me, mostly GSD but not 100%, maybe 75%. A very sweet little fella which I liked very much with mellow tempremant and mannerisms. At first, my Roman may have mistaken him for his older little half-sister Molly! Molly was the rescue which the ex adopted about year and half ago after our GSD had just passed away (Molly was dumped in a dumpster in Mexicali when she was barely weeks old along with her other siblings who were all rescued). Anyhoo, Ruben and the little fella GSD have now travelled to our properties in No. Cal at Rock Creek to start the clean up process and to see if they can live out there in a trailer. I think that Roman and I will join them next year but knowing our champagne dreams and caviar tastes, we will probably need a state-of-the-art kinda trailer. I think that Marc may have a used one sitting around and willing to trade of a couple of CPKs?

B2A37B60-2614-484F-86AE-A266992051CF.jpeg

70E6C45B-6DC1-4F92-A46E-03AEFEE6D376.jpeg

I am a sucker for cute GSDs and this is Molly below, all grown up at 18 months and ~ 45 lb. Life is great for our little Molly

D3AE82AF-79F2-4B1E-BA16-5B43A5E297E8.jpeg

They look like best buds already! So now you need to come up with a name to go with Roman. But "Numeral" doesn't roll of the tongue very well :D

Bob, the pup already has a name. His owner Ruben is a hard headed Meh-He-Can who has named it something weird: Kineton (put on your best hispanic accent and repeat after me: Keen-Neh-Tone). I can't even think of the etymology because it just sounds weird. At first, I had thought that he had named it Clinton!!! I seem to recall that there was a Big Dog by that name in the 90's 🤣

Back