CPK Pet Thread

No wonder he's always raring to go once I get home from work.

vqBvbon.jpg

I let Bella win a few times now when we play. Back in the day I didn’t have to let her win she’s 13 now. She use to be half black face. Her nick name is momma dog she loves little kids and will lay by them. 9083D693-ED31-4B64-B2BF-324B7399BBA3.jpeg1EE68C8E-0827-424F-9DFB-0F8AD2FAD76C.jpegB12D30C8-620E-4C01-AC72-CC190DD33141.jpegadd a couple of pictures back when she was younger.6F7187A5-1763-42F3-9CEA-571EAF1C166C.jpeg

Last edited:
Roman is supposed to be a water dog. The maternal grandsire was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever which I don't see in him much. He seems to much prefer the cushy comforts of the padded carpet on his staircase perch! Planning on visiting the Smith River in mid Sept and by that time he will be one year old. He will be going back to his birthplace for a visit :)

27FD4808-A2BF-492D-BC00-7C513369101F.jpeg

Roman is supposed to be a water dog. The maternal grandsire was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever which I don't see in him much. He seems to much prefer the cushy comforts of the padded carpet on his staircase perch! Planning on visiting the Smith River in mid Sept and by that time he will be one year old. He will be going back to his birthplace for a visit :)

View attachment 1880502
Such a handsome boy!

Some random pet related comments:

I know that some of you have quite recently lost your best and most beloved companion, some who have posted in here and some who have remained private because understandably we all deal with devastation of such loss differently and we grieve differently. When I unexpectedly lost my bestie of the besties, I could hardly bring myself to look at this thread but eventually, although not ready for a new best companion myself, I lived vicariously through the joy of others. There were times in between when I hated life, I hated people and pets, yes I was a lousy selfish turd but then I realized that I had to get through the anger to get to a better place, so I resumed looking at others' pets. Don't worry if you also feel the same, it is all par for the course and the stages of grief that you will be going through...

What I realized being far worse IMHO, is when a beloved pet loses its owner like when the owner dies on the pet. I know of a dog which has lost 2 of her previous owners! She started life in the lap of luxury and now she is reduced to living a hard and tough life. She is very old and suffering from many old age ailments as she has truly outlived her life expectancy (allegedly ~ 15+ for a large breed!). There is a sadness in that dog's eyes which brighten up when met with kindness from people instead of being shushed away for just showing up on one's doorsteps. She knows where her prior owner lived near by and at times she walks past that property and sits outside just gazing. Obviously this is not in the city where animal control will just haul her away!

If you have recently lost your best friend and are dealing with the gaping hole which it has left in your heart, remind yourself of the story in the above paragraph for a different perspective on this kind of devastating grief.

Some random pet related comments:

I know that some of you have quite recently lost your best and most beloved companion, some who have posted in here and some who have remained private because understandably we all deal with devastation of such loss differently and we grieve differently. When I unexpectedly lost my bestie of the besties, I could hardly bring myself to look at this thread but eventually, although not ready for a new best companion myself, I lived vicariously through the joy of others. There were times in between when I hated life, I hated people and pets, yes I was a lousy selfish turd but then I realized that I had to get through the anger to get to a better place, so I resumed looking at others' pets. Don't worry if you also feel the same, it is all par for the course and the stages of grief that you will be going through...

What I realized being far worse IMHO, is when a beloved pet loses its owner like when the owner dies on the pet. I know of a dog which has lost 2 of her previous owners! She started life in the lap of luxury and now she is reduced to living a hard and tough life. She is very old and suffering from many old age ailments as she has truly outlived her life expectancy (allegedly ~ 15+ for a large breed!). There is a sadness in that dog's eyes which brighten up when met with kindness from people instead of being shushed away for just showing up on one's doorsteps. She knows where her prior owner lived near by and at times she walks past that property and sits outside just gazing. Obviously this is not in the city where animal control will just haul her away!

If you have recently lost your best friend and are dealing with the gaping hole which it has left in your heart, remind yourself of the story in the above paragraph for a different perspective on this kind of devastating grief.
That is so sad.

Back