CPM Cruwear Military

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want a sprint military bad, but I'm always broke or miss the pre orders, but thank you for doing sprint runs, can't wait till I can put one through its paces!

I'm an automotive painter and use a spyderco everyday instead of razor blades while masking off cars, thank you for great tools!

We're not thrilled with the 2ndary market scalping. Not our style. Raising prices to cull demand is also not our style. I think coming up with the right number to make would be the best solution. We are, after all, trying to serve our customers. We'll keep increasing production on those sprints that we think could be a problem.

I do appreciate all of the kind comments, thanx much. In time, we should, with your help, be able to sort it.

sal

We're not thrilled with the 2ndary market scalping. Not our style. Raising prices to cull demand is also not our style. I think coming up with the right number to make would be the best solution. We are, after all, trying to serve our customers. We'll keep increasing production on those sprints that we think could be a problem.

I do appreciate all of the kind comments, thanx much. In time, we should, with your help, be able to sort it.

sal

Sal thank you for being attentive to this problem. I am sure it is not an easy fix, and I am sure it can be a logistical nightmare at times. I look forward to buying Mule teams, and sprints, and Spydercos in general, in the future. Thanks again.

sal

And that my friends, is the man himself sayin' so.

Just so everyone is aware, I put my order in for my Military 4 months ago. It helps to stay in the loop.

Just so everyone is aware, I put my order in for my Military 4 months ago. It helps to stay in the loop.

To my knowledge, there was one place that took preorders. You should hope that they didn't over sell their allotment, before you claim victory here.

I got my 0560CBCF just fine, if you order early you should have no problem.

To my knowledge, there was one place that took preorders. You should hope that they didn't over sell their allotment, before you claim victory here.

This my personal opinion take it for what it's worth but, the problem with scalpers or what have you is not just a problems with knives it's everywhere it's with toys electronics cars etc etc. no matter what there are people who will shell out the cash for any item that is hot I have been guilty myself for buying over inflated prices. It's easy to tell the manufacturer to build more but most of the time it's to late like what sal said they have it planned 18 mo in advance it sucks but what are we suppose to do? Lets be honest if someone offered you 2x the value of a certain item would you turn it down? That's just my opinion.

Lets be honest if someone offered you 2x the value of a certain item would you turn it down? That's just my opinion.

If some guy down the street offered me 2x of what I perceive is the value of my item like a watch or a knife, I would probably sell it. With that being said:

Your blanket example doesn't demonstrate what goes on concerning the situation. First off, it is the scalpers taking advantage of the situation when there is a demand for an item but not enough supply. It is not the buyer asking to pay 2 to 4x the price for a knife that just came out a day before and is now sold out. Of course though, not everyone selling their knives at current market value is a scalper. It is however concerning how knives are $150 direct from Spyderco one day, becomes sold out and MANY genuine collectors and end users are left out and the next day and it is magically $300 from guys who "bought it but dont need it". As witnessed by Sal's statement, that form of scalping IS a concern. Getting the correct number is definitely a challenge but obvious hits like PM2's should indeed have a higher count so EVERYONE will have a legit shot at securing one where our hard earned money goes to the right people.

Indeed, responsibilities falls on the buyer... Some things we just have no control over, if we want something that we know is a coveted limited release, you gotta put in some work, stay on top of release dates etc.

sal

The thread went a little off topic and I believe that the topic it diverted to should end with Sal's statement. The problem is recognized and an agreeable solution moving forward will be implemented or at least tried. One thing is for sure, this isn't easy for a company to do. At this point though, there is nothing more productive to add as we all know that this will spiral down to a "whiners" versus scalpers dialogue.

As for the purpose of the thread, it was to let everyone know that the upcoming Cruwear Millie will be using the powdered metallurgy process. We talked about it, had our fill and I personally cannot wait to get mine in hand. Purpose fulfilled, thanks for participating guys. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back