1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Benchmade Coupon - What would you get?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gravy, Aug 12, 2018 at 11:17 AM.

1. Gravy

Gravy

Dec 16, 2014
    What's up every one?

So recently I had the rare opportunity of receiving a coupon code for use on Benchmade's website. This coupon allows me to purchase any knife that isn't a Gold class or an automatic for 60% off MSRP. Yea for real. :eek:

I really wasn't in the market for a new Benchmade but I would be a fool to not make use of such a coupon.

So what knife would you get for 60% off? Right now I'm considering the Anthem and the 51 Morpho. I already own a 940, so that's off the table.

2. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Anthem

unwisefool and Chariotz4 like this.
  3. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Adamas . Just because.

4. shinyedges

shinyedges Every man's intelligence is a god Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    I say you give back to the community and give shinyedges the coupon ;)

Which knife to get dilemma= solved.:D

5. Pilsner

Pilsner Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Fixed that for ya, Chris! :D

OP, the Adamas is a crackingly good heavy folder. I’d also consider the Anthem with that sort of discount... Enjoy :)

6. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Can you use it with knives from their customizer? If so, I would do a custom Crooked River Mini. If you like the Anthem that would be a good deal, I just don’t really like them.

stuff_things and Pilsner like this.
  7. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    60% off msrp or map? Cause doesn't seem like that much of a deal if it's off of msrp which is generally pretty high. Heck even map prices have climbed way too high for Benchmades qc issues.

At least with some of the vendors here you can have them inspect before shipping to check for qc. Crossing fingers you get a good one.

I'd say get the anthem. I'm getting one soon. Not inspected at all, crossing my fingers I don't have to send it in.

8. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Even if it’s 60% off the Benchmade website list price of $500, he’s getting a new Athem for $200. Seems like a good deal to me.

FullMetalJackass and mdrgn79 like this.
  9. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    As a kickoff to an embryonic knife collection, newest member Brawny would probably be the most deserving of said coupon

10. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    This 20cv blade speaks to me... I really don't like holes in the handle normally... but this one doesn't annoy my visual cortex as much as I'd expected - 486 Saibu

[​IMG]

11. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    +1 for the Anthem!

My favourite knife that I own and arguably the best thing they currently make in my opinion. The high price tag is certainly a barrier of ownership for some, but your coupon should help with that. Matter of fact, I'm carrying mine right now!
    [​IMG]

12. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    MSRP is usually double that of what a vendor will sell the knife for. It's that way with Spyderco at least. It's likely not all that great of a deal, honestly.

13. kylemiller

kylemiller

May 18, 2016
    Anthem was underwhelming for me and I love the brand. I'd go with a 940-1 or a 550-1 (or 555-1 depending on size preference). Contego or Adamas if you want a big ol blade. Wish the Proxy was still around.

14. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    So you'd get an Anthem for 200 instead of 500$ ? I'd probably buy that, sell it for 300 - 350, and then buy Reate. :oops::D

madcap_magician, Fire Beard and Mo2 like this.
  15. Gravy

Gravy

Dec 16, 2014
    I could actually get fired for that :(

Fine print and what not

That’s quite an overstatement actually.

The Anthem from most vendors goes for $425, whereas on Benchmades site it’s $500. With the coupon it works out to $212 shipped.

photoman12001 likes this.
  16. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    It's actually not an overstatement at all. You can get a Spyderco Para 2 for around $120 from a few dealers and Spyderco's website has them listed for $210. The disparity can be even greater when you look at some of the less popular/older stock models.

Clearly that isn't the case with Benchmade. With that being the case get the Anthem. If I could snag one for just over a 2 spot I'd be all over that.

I love integrals and the knife reminds me of the Osbourne family of 940s. Perfect models for the axis.

Gravy likes this.
  17. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I'd get the anthem, I really like the new version of the axis lock it uses.

18. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    ^
    I didn’t know it used a different version. What’s different about it?

Also, I’d get the new SOCP folder, the Crooked River, Bugout or this might be a good time to scratch the Bali song itch since you will likely never get one cheaper.

stormyone likes this.
  19. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Guided Compression Spring and not an Omega Spring.

jstrange likes this.
  20. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    I would be all over the 756 micro pocketrocket.
    What can I say, I'm weird.