1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Crazy Benchmade Coupon - What would you get?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gravy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks, might have heard that before but forgot.

b00n likes this.
  2. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Or even simpler, OP can sell the coupon for $$ if it is transferable. OP - would you like to entertain this idea?

3. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I thought about that too but it's a bit more random. Since it's worth more to somebody wanting an Anthem than somebody who just wants a Bugout. At least that's what the math in my head say (~220$ off vs ~60$ off)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

May 25, 2017
    Benchmade 133 Fixed Infidel 4.52" D2 Satin Double Edge Dagger Blade, Black Aluminum Handles, Boltaron Sheath ($200 at Knife Center)

Benchmade 390BK SOCP Folding Knife 4.47" D2 Black Plain Blade, Black G10 Handles ($179 at Knife Center)

Benchmade 15200DLC Altitude Fixed 3.08" S90V Black DLC Blade, Carbon Fiber Micro and G10 Scales, Black Boltaron Sheath ($195 at KnifeCenter)

OR you could get the Anthem and make everyone happy!

5. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Griptilian 556-1

6. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I'd probably go for a customized crooked river.

b00n likes this.
  7. Bucketz21

Bucketz21

Mar 3, 2013
    why haven't you few folks liked your anthems? i thought it'd be pretty legit with the omega springs and plasticy sounds gone...it's at the top of my to-do list

i say anthem for coupon value regardless OP

8. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    Get the Anthem for $200, sell it for $375 here and then buy a 940-2. Then you've gotten one of the best knives on the market for free.

9. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    The coupon isn't transferable. Plus it needs to be shipped to where I work, anywhere else and it will raise some red flags to the higher ups.

10. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    Its more like a recoil spring in a pistol. Instead of being omega shaped and fitting into the scale or liner it's a coil spring over a guide rod that pushes the lock bar up from the rear. Thats whay the screw on the back of the handle are for. They anchor the lock spring assembly.

jstrange likes this.
  11. wensynch

wensynch

Apr 30, 2016
    Buy me this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BM87

Miki the italian and jstrange like this.
  12. stormyone

stormyone

Dec 19, 2006
    Crooked River

13. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Explain to me how 60% off MSRP isn’t a good deal? You do understand MAP is 15% off MSRP, so he’s getting an additional 45% off MAP.

14. Ashevillain

Ashevillain

Jun 13, 2018
    Benchmade is a company I wish I liked more. I have a 710 and that'll probably be the only one, even their more expensive designs just dont look right.

willc likes this.
  15. kbirk2003

kbirk2003

Jul 13, 2018
    Use this great opportunity to buy the pinnacle of all Benchmade products:

[​IMG]

16. Murdamook

Murdamook Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Except Benchmade uses MAAP which sets a bottom line. Dealers don’t get to deduct 50% off of MSRP when it comes to Benchmade products. This has been the case for some time now.

17. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    Get the Anthem.
    It is the best axis lock knife available today, period.
    Yes, I have owned and handled (& re-handled) the majority of benchmades models..........& I’m telling you the Anthem is monumental.
    Get it while you can, especially at your discounted price.
    That is an awesome deal!

Gravy and Chariotz4 like this.
  18. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Agreed. Great deal.

19. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Yes they can, as long as they don’t publicly advertise Benchmade products they can set a sticker price of whatever they want. Got a local store that sets an avg sticker price of 20% off, and another one in my wife’s hometown does 30% off on avg. Neither advertise publicly.

20. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Some local dealers may do this and get away with it (I have one as well) but online dealers will not lower their price. They will tell you that it goes against the contract Benchmade makes them sign. After the Crooked River went up in price I found an online dealer that had one old stock with the original price. I contacted the dealer I normally buy from with the link and was told they could not match the price as it was against their contract with Benchmade. By the time I got the email telling me no the other site raised their price.