1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 20 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker BO734 Urban Trapper Cocobolo, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday May 18!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, May 19 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Crazy Benchmade Coupon - What would you get?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gravy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. steelhead seeker

steelhead seeker

Aug 1, 2014
    I'd get the grey g10 crooked river. Should be about $80 with that discount which is amazing!!!

2. halflife78

halflife78

Mar 9, 2016
    This is correct, any dealer who advertises publicly has to adhere to MAP, including local non online dealers who post pricing online via their website or otherwise as per what I was told by the dealers. Anyone who doesn't post publicly can put any price on the box they want.

I have 3 primary places I go for BM (non advertise at all)
    Local dealer who gives me 30% off min
    Local dealer who does 20% off stickers and a additional 20% roughly 3 times a year
    Dealer in wife's hometown who stickers at 30% and does 25% off that on black friday

Last 2 BM I got was the 698 Foray for $145 and the 485GRY-1801 for $280 total.

Edit. Based on your AV if you live in LA that's where I was born and raised. My dad comes here to buy his knives since there aren't many good shops in his area.

3. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    I just bought my second griptilian, nice knife but the 551-1 g-10 20CV version is so much better, I’d get that one. It goes for around 175 so you’d get it for under 100

4. Drum4fun

Drum4fun

Mar 21, 2018
    OP...how does one go about getting said discount coup ??? I would like one, I would
    purchase an Anthem... and, I promise I wouldn't take a knee. ;)

Charles

5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    If BenchMade finds them doing that they won't sell them more knives to resell.

6. halflife78

halflife78

Mar 9, 2016
    I asked about this also, both told me that Benchmade knows they do it and because they don't advertise it's not in violation of any sort of agreement. One laughed at me and said I was more than welcome to come in 2 days later when their rep was going to be onsite, but I was traveling back home the day before. (not that I would of went into their business questioning their rep)

7. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Well, I'm now curious of what @Benchmade has to say about this. Not trying to get anyone in trouble. Just wondering.

8. Hobbes118

Hobbes118

Aug 12, 2018
    benchmade bugout, I know its not the biggest bang for your buck with that discount but I love how that thing looks

9. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016

10. Boozoo Chavis

Boozoo Chavis

Oct 18, 2003
    940-1 Carbon Fiber

[​IMG]

11. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    It's MAP, not MP... as long as I'm not advertising the price(the A in MAP) I don't know why it would be an issue.

I suppose you could argue the definition of "advertising" though. Is putting a sticker on the box advertising?

12. kniferelatedname

kniferelatedname

Feb 24, 2018
    Benchmade's MAP is 15% off of MSRP. So 60% off is significant. That's like getting 53% off of MAP.

13. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Anthem, Adamas, or a nice version of the 940.

14. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I'd gift the coupon to a wealthy BM fan , and buy something for myself from Cold Steel and still come out ahead ! ;)

EDIT : Probably , 2 or 3 somethings .

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  15. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    So I think I've pretty much decided on the Anthem. It's got the integral construction that I've been lusting after for a while now. Also that updated Axis lock :eek:

How is Benchmade's CPM 20CV? I currently EDC a ZT 0562cf and have been loving the 20CV, just wondering if BM does it justice.

Chariotz4 and austonh like this.
  16. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Great choice. Despite having a reputation for inconsistent quality control, Benchmade has always had a good reputation with regard to their heat treatments and steel performance.

Gravy likes this.
  17. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    This is the way I've always understood MAP. With music instruments I have gone to establishments that advertise and tell them I've found a guitar or bass cheaper than what they have for MAP. They then shoot me a better price but they do not advertise that price. It's a private deal between me and the store because i've found a better price else where.

Benchmade does not follow MAP in this manner. From what dealers tell me they sign a contract stating they will not sell at a lower price than MAP. Spyderco seems to get MAP as advertised price and says their are ways around it. According to the dealers I've tried to work with they say they cannot with Benchmade. In my mind this is price fixing.

Dealers should have the autonomy to make a better deal if they can. This is competition at it's finest and what is best for the consumer.

Gravy and DocJD like this.
  18. Dan of Bazz Clazz

Dan of Bazz Clazz Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    If it were me, I would probably grab a Valet.

19. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    They do 20cv well. It's a fantastic upgrade to their more standard 154cm or s30v. I even prefer it to their m4.

20. Schwifty

Schwifty Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Yeah I’d get something from the custom side, like the mini crooked river.