CRK&T tomahawks?

Took one look at these hawks and decided I was buying one, Now i am 120$ down with a Kangee on the way. The sharpened top may have some creative uses. Not that i actually needed any of the capability's this thing provides, I doubt it will be replacing my spetsnas shovel as my beater.

Just got my Kangee yesterday! Great little hawk, perfect for the trails. I went with the spike, partially for the look, partially because the hammer poll is just too damn narrow for hammering IMHO. It's not gonna shave paper or arm hairs, which, I think, is great for the purpose CRKT has intended for it. I took the edge up a hair for better wood processing. Not to knife sharpness, mind you. It is being used as a hatchet, after all.

The whole top of the head on the spike hawk is edged, great for combat, crappy for camp work.
Frankly scares the hell outa me. Its the Hammer poll for me.

That's what I was thinking when I saw that as well. The hammer poll would work for me plenty good.

I have been "fighting" a swinging log with tomahawks on many occasions. Most of those hawks have spikes, and I've not hurt myself with the spike. I go at it fast and hard, but stay in control.
But, one day I tried chopping some wood with my Ranger Renegade, it has a long head and spike. I stopped doing that after I glaced the brim of my hat with the spike. Bending over a log and cutting a V notch is more dangerous than fighting a vertical swinging log, in my experience.

The Chogon cane in yesterday.
Hard to beat this hawk for the price.
CRKT working with RMJ knocked it out the park on this one for sure!!!!

210F8095-08FA-4E37-928E-23E031412DEE-16856-0000171FF0B3DA21_zpsb50ea83e.jpg

5775BC03-6D98-442C-94AF-DEB381AB1F86-16856-00001720060CD5FA_zpsb8ce53ce.jpg

I may need the Kangee next.

The Chogon cane in yesterday.
Hard to beat this hawk for the price.
CRKT working with RMJ knocked it out the park on this one for sure!!!!

210F8095-08FA-4E37-928E-23E031412DEE-16856-0000171FF0B3DA21_zpsb50ea83e.jpg

5775BC03-6D98-442C-94AF-DEB381AB1F86-16856-00001720060CD5FA_zpsb8ce53ce.jpg

I may need the Kangee next.

What's this "may need" BS? Since when do any of us need half the stuff we buy? Aww go for it. You only live once. You don't want to be that guy, lying on his death bed, thinking about the Kangee and saying to yourself, "What if..." Ok, a bit melodramatic but it gets my point across.

What's this "may need" BS? Since when do any of us need half the stuff we buy? Aww go for it. You only live once. You don't want to be that guy, lying on his death bed, thinking about the Kangee and saying to yourself, "What if..." Ok, a bit melodramatic but it gets my point across.

Hahahaha, I like the way you think!

Lol
You're right... It's more about want then need. It won't be long and I'll get the Kangee.
Thanks on my sheath work. Glad to help anyone out if they need a simple sheath made.

Very nice job on the Tan!!!!

I like these and will probably end up with the spike version. The hammer poll looks very limited in real world application..

I removed the scales, they're simply screwed on. Scales were painted with a light brown satin finish from Krylon, and the blade is Krylon ultra flat camouflage tan. The paint will eventually wear down from the sheath, but that'll just give it character. Thanks for the comments.

I think the Kangee is a great value for the $. It also really makes me want an RMJ Storm Crow even more...

Here is mine after a bit of Krylon Fusion was applied to the handles.

brkthawk_zps67ec75d1.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I have a feeling these will be modified by many owners, I look forward to seeing different styles and themes!

Back