Cult of the peanut , members

Got this in from a GAW, one of the two I picked, a Case Peanut in CV, it was missing the shield so I carved/whittle a small section of walnut and glued it in place,

before a void, I took a small Dremel round end cutter and went around the bottom edge so that when I glued it in, the glue would fill to the sides as well, giving a better anchor for the glue to stay in place.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

the close up looks rougher than it does in real life, if I had some lighter wood I would have used that, or some piece of ivory but, nothing at hand.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

ps here is a link to the new Give Away that I just started
Gary nice score from that GAW, I think a lot of us had a wishful eye on that one. Nice little fix you did with the missing shield.

Thanks, while it is a simple pill shape, it was still a time consuming thing to hand sand it down to the size to get it to fit properly, but worth the effort I think.
G2

48902801963_7abd522944_b.jpg
7723213964_d2a531ea11_b.jpg

Thanks, while it is a simple pill shape, it was still a time consuming thing to hand sand it down to the size to get it to fit properly, but worth the effort I think.
G2
Indeed worth the effort, a personal and unique touch.

Here's 1960-1970 Camillus peanut. I wonder if they were ever made with natural scales.
IMG_3820.JPG

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    331.7 KB · Views: 1
Indeed worth the effort, a personal and unique touch.

Here's 1960-1970 Camillus peanut. I wonder if they were ever made with natural scales.
View attachment 1266292

Mike

I have one with brown pocket worn derlin

but have seen them with jigged bone scales - even some reportedly to be Rogers Bone

They also made them for SEARS with wood scales and brass bolsters - pretty plain looking though

Back